Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hay All!! I own a 2010 Z. I love it. Previously had a zrx I bought new in '03. 2 weeks ago, I high sided at about 60mph on a gentle left hander. Coming out of the corner I spun out then high sided. Too much throttle and a little bit wet. Only have 1200 mi on bike. Question is... are Q2's or other tires sticker than the stock. I don't mind 2000k on a set of tires. My ZRX used to eat up tires in 2000mi also. I'm sure I just gave the bike a little too much gas. I was used to my ZRX which the back end is a little heavier. My next set of tires I want soft. What do you all think???

Mike:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've been using Q2s for about a year and the regular Qualifier before that for a couple years all on a couple different bikes. Love them. The Bridgestone equivalent is the BT-003.

They stick great in the dry but wet weather is so-so, but still good. Just not like a sport touring tire, like a Pilot Road 2 or Roadsmart.

Haven't tried the Q2 on the Ninja 1000 yet. I've only had mine for 100 miles so far.

For Comparison:
Buell X1 = 55" wheelbase and 23 deg rake
BMW R1100S = 58" wheelbase, 27 deg rake

The Qualifiers and Q2 have worked fantastic on those bikes.

Ninja 1000 = 56 7/8" wheelbase and 24.5 deg rake. The Q2 will probably be right at home.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i have had the back tire on mine do that b4 & i was lucky enough to keep from spinning out. sure made me pucker up though. im running dunlop 616 rain tires & havnt had that problem any more. the stick like glue wet or dry & warm up to temp within a mile. have 2000 miles on them. front tire not showing wear yet & back tire is less than half worn

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
MY Shinko Ravens would runn excellent in the rain as well..... I routinely got 7k miles out of a rear tire.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
MY Shinko Ravens would runn excellent in the rain as well..... I routinely got 7k miles out of a rear tire.
thats real good wear especially for somebody that likes those 10k shifts. riding like that & hitting triple digits frequently just shreds my bike tires

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
thats real good wear especially for somebody that likes those 10k shifts. riding like that & hitting triple digits frequently just shreds my bike tires
Thats how I ride, and I stand behind those cheap shinko's they are a good tire for the money.:2cents:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Got 2000 miles on a bridgestone bt023 and it still looks like a brand new tire. And thats doing long touring days and taking the bikes up in the hills carving. Very happy with this tire. The stock tire was crap and started squaring off after 1000 miles.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am glad you weren't seriously hurt. Rain really bugs me when I get stuck in it. I am very gentle while riding in rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts