Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 5 Black that has been in storage - is the 8 worth the splurge? I was told they are $399 but if you bring your older model in, they give you $100 back - and where do the majority of you guys mount them for the best result OFF the helmet? Thank you in advance for any opinions you may have ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have GoPro but I have Sony FDR X3000. I was never a fan of GoPro due to bad stability and overheating. Nevertheless, here is how I mounted mine. NOTE: It's not sticking out as much as pictures are showing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am going to google your unit, I always thought Gopro only because it is what I have used in the past. Supposedly the critical selling factor of the #8 is Stability.

Happy Riding Mate!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I use the Ram Mounts where the left stock mirror was and also where the left rear psngr bracket mounts -mounted to look behind. ...uh-hem, was running the 14" wheels so the speedometer is off a bit :D

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you Mate!

I pulled the trigger on the GoPro 8 anyway - supposedly the 7 & especially the 8 has the Stability everyone was waiting for.

Does changing the rear wheel to a 14 inch make a big difference?

The Head Mechanic at a dealership who pumped up his 2014 Z said it made it an easier bike to ride.

PS. It looks like New Zealand!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
haha! j/k my friend, no wheel change.

Was sunny and warm, but a fire diverted our planned ride on Nor Cal Hwy 36. Sorta glad it did. The detour proved to be an epic adventure with three really great friends.

a few pics from the ride

_______________VIP parking!

___________Me (Chris) on the right and Gene, fixing his tire. Glad I bought and brought the tire repair kit.

Oregon coast -day three

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Such a blast to ride with Mates you trust.

I have reservations of actually riding with others - too many youtube accident videos, especially with people that get together casually for a ride.

I am 57 - I might ride up to Oruygun just for the Ride ...

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
57.. :surprise: yer old! jk same age here. Another click more in Aug. You're as young or old as you feel. :D

Take the 101, of course. Beautiful coastline. Be sure to post when so I have an excuse to ride to the coast again. -busy now being a caregiver for my wife (Parkinson's) ...unless she is healed, this could be her final year (as per her Neurologist's given life expectancy).

I know what you mean about group rides with ppl you don't know. Even with pre-ride rules/guidelines, I'll usually ride in the very back of that pack!

When is that Z arriving from FL? Betchur jonesin' just a bit in that CA sunshine. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts