Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my frame sliders. Easiest mod EVER. Took about 15 minutes total.

All you need is a 14mm socket to remove the factory bolt. (Only do one side at a time). Insert the new sliders nut on the backside, engine mount will hold the nut in place. Insert the new slider with bolt(use threadlock red on bolt). Use your hand on the backside to help hold the nut in place. Using an 8mm hex bit socket, hand tighten the slider bolt. Using a torque wrench torque to 31ft lbs. Move to other side

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right side

Left side, the left sticks out more, but so does your motor on that side

Rear view

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will notice, T-Rex sliders are the SAME size for both sides. But they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
the previous owner of my '06 put those on for me, he also did the tidy tail, arrow tip front turn signals, weighted bar ends, and a higher smoked zero-gravity wind screen. just need to do something with those stock mirrors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you have to drop the radiator to slide the nut into the backside of the engine mount? I'm struggling on the left side.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Did you have to drop the radiator to slide the nut into the backside of the engine mount? I'm struggling on the left side.
no i didnt. its a little tight but doable. i have them on my bike as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My problem was the nuts that came the frame sliders wouldn't fit. 1 trip to Lowe's and $1.11 later and problem solved. I'm good to go.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts