Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone , im new in this forum and i joined in because of something that made me very worried. i have a 2010 z1000 and yesterday when i start it i heard a new strange sound. its coming from inside the engine , i thing its somewhere near the cam chain and it sounds like something its loose inside their, its like a wistle or a rotten chain , it has 6500 klm, i spoke to the dealer about this and he told me that an engineer should open it and check what is going on, the problem is that i dont know if this is natural after some klms or if its really a problem, although im dissapointed cause its a brand new bike, so if anyone could help me before the operation i would really apreciate it:) sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would have a dealership mechanic listen to the bike, and have him give you his thoughts. I would also go to more than one dealer if at all possible. 6500 km is not very many miles. So if indeed there is something wrong I would be upset as well. The dealership where you bought the bike 'should' take care of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the oficcial kawasaki dealer is only one where i come from and its from him that i got the bike and the dealership mechanic who listened to the bike told me that he cant tell me what exactly it is and that he have to open the bike and check, and that is something i didnt know that its going to happen in less than a year, and sure i dont want someone who is not sure what is the problem to start experiments on my bike

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ok, but is it covered by warranty?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, for another 14 months, and i also have to say that this is my second new bike and i am doing everything by the owners manual, i did the break in period according to the book until the last klm and i follow what it says for anything, im very typical about this

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Then I would let them know you are very displeased, and take it in for the inspection; while its still on Kawasaki's dime. IF you wish to wait awhile you could do that as well.... I would just make sure if something is to go wrong its within the warranty period. Shop rates are not cheap coming out of pocket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is my next step , but something like that makes u very sad, and there was also some more minor things like buzzing behind the accelometer and the fuel tank was moving to much , and these are things that as i saw in this forum a lot of people had to deal with, anyway these minor issues were fixed but all these together made me sad

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey man - if its covered under warranty and isnt going to cost you - whats stopping you from letting the dealership take a look at it? If that was me, I would have left it there and told them that I wont be back to pick it up until they fix it!

My bike began making a new sound today as well. Then I figured out it was the brake lines rubbing on the zip ties that I had to use to mount them to the front fender, as the little plastic doodads broke when I was trying to take them off to replace the lines...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the bike is there from yesterday i just wanted to know if someone else had the same problem so at least i will give them a direction before they start playing with it

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the bike is there from yesterday i just wanted to know if someone else had the same problem so at least i will give them a direction before they start playing with it
Wish I could help, but I still have an '03. Sorry, I have not even heard one of the new ones fire up yet.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello again ive got great news and im really relaxed, thanks god they didnt need to open the bike and everything is back to normal, so i should start from the beggining, the day that i heared the sound was after changing the oil with a different kind of what i had before, today when i went to the mechanic he took out the oil and put a new one , the same brand i had before , after letting the bike for several minutes running the strange sound stopped, so the only explanation he could tell me is that maybe the oil that i put in the first time <<cleaned>> the engine and thats why, by saying cleaned i mean from any kind of incredient that the oils have inside that stick in the walls inside, anyway i dont know if that is what really happened he couldnt tell me 100% also but the fact is that everything is fine and everything sounds normal again , i would like also hear your opinion about this because i dont have any idea about

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i had motul 10/40 , then it was igol 10/50 , and now im back again at motul v300 double ester 15/50

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just my 2cents i did my 600mi change wth castrol gtx 10-30 and fram filter.No problems.Doing a 1500 change in a couple of days same stuff.Will probably go part syn at 5000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in my previous bike i used motul and i never had problems with it i just wanted to make a change and try something else, the temperature is very high here thats why i placed 15/50, i also use k&n filter , im very satysfied with motul so i dont thing ill make any tries again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts