Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound right? The bike starts just fine. I'm trying to troubleshoot the sme issue that many have. The bike runs for 30 miles and then dies like it gets no fuel. Wait 10 mins it starts and runs fine.

https://youtu.be/b25X6DEytEo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This sound is coming from the throttle body area. I can feel a slight vibration when touching the throttle body. Secondary frozen? TPS?

·
Registered
83 Posts
maybe 2 different problems here, the cutting out might be fuel starvation, worth checking the the fuel cap vent is not blocked.
the noise is the ecu running a check on throttle body valve flaps and exhaust vale, sounds a bit loud and not a nice fluid noise so i would lift the tank and pull the airbox so you can see the thrttle body valves run through their check ... maybe servo motor going bad or linkages getting frozen...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely the sub throttle actuator. I unplugged it and the noise stopped. I will check if it actually opens the flaps or not tomorrow. Fuel cap is venting. I get no whoosh sound after riding and opening it up.

Maybe fuel pump relay?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK .... just an update... throttle body actuators worked fine ... just noisy. Turns out it was the ECU. I got a used on on ebay and the bike has never died again.

Thanks

I bought a gen 3 now... hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts