Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2014 z1000sx and I am having starting issues with it I have recently put on a new battery but still finding it hard to start when I turn the key it just sounds like someone is firing a machine gun any advice out there please

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Is the sound that of a bike turning over but NOT starting?

Has it ever started since you replaced the battery?

What sort of battery did you replace & with what?

You replaced the battery, why?

Were there any symptoms like this before, turning over but not starting?

Are you sure you haven't blown a relay or a fuse by installing it for a second incorrectly.

Have you troubleshot all the relays?

Is there spark at the plugs?

It's time to ride Lighty, after all England only has 4 days of sunshine, up to 6 hours a day all summer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is it a fast clicking sound? My first guess is another empty battery. Check the regulator and the stator. If your battery is empty again, one of those two is most likely the cause.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine that had only happened once, It would turn over but wouldn't fire. The first and only thing I tried fixed it, open the fuel tank and then close it. Mine was just vapor locked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the sound that of a bike turning over but NOT starting?

Has it ever started since you replaced the battery?

What sort of battery did you replace & with what?

You replaced the battery, why?

Were there any symptoms like this before, turning over but not starting?

Are you sure you haven't blown a relay or a fuse by installing it for a second incorrectly.

Have you troubleshot all the relays?

Is there spark at the plugs?

It's time to ride Lighty, after all England only has 4 days of sunshine, up to 6 hours a day all summer.
Hi yes I found out the issue the tracker system was draining the power out my battery so getting it looked at in garage sorry for late reply been busy thank you for responding to me

·
Banned
6 Posts
For example, I decided to replace the spark plugs on Harley and the problem was solved. Usually, when there are such problems with the engine, it is worth paying attention immediately to the spark plugs, then from this to try to somehow build a strategy for repair. That's why I have recently changed the spark plugs on my Harley, and in fact, one of them is out of order, but I decided to change the set so that there would be no relapses. It is good that at least I was able to find in the network what would be better to replace them with. Already replaced just the same decided to study the material about Spark Plugs For Harley Davidson allforharley.com/best-spark-plugs-for-harley-davidson/ and there was already able to pick up one of the options I need. Look for yourself, a very individual situation, it is just painted for what years of production need which spark plugs. Already from this you can pick up and for yourself, with such a problem is better to do it immediately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts