Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would not even worry about adapting a different kit.

Go here: https://www.coremoto.com/category_s/4085.htm

I had my custom lines, within a week, and the cost was not much more than an off the shelf set that would have not been correct.

I used clear, vinyl tubing to figure out the correct lengths. Their instructions are really good, too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great info guys, I appreciate it.

I think I'll get the galfer for the rear and use a custom coremoto for the front.

I want a single line that splits like the stock unit and galfer appears to a two line setup from the master cyl.

thanks again,

Jimz

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll get the galfer for the rear and use a custom coremoto for the front.

So I ended getting the Galfer kit for both front and rear, thought it would be the most straight forward least hassle path.

I've got Renthal high bars (which I really like), and the stock rubber lines had enough slack to fit but the galfer units did not.

The left leg uses a longer line which will work on my right leg but had to order a custom 3 in longer line to make it all work.

They wouldn't take my short line back because it was a black like with gold fittings, blah blah blah.

So I should be good now and I'm waiting on a half decent weather day to spend some quality time in the garage.

Also got a new set of tires, new battery and rear sprocket.

I'm tired of winter and I am suffering from PBS, parked bike syndrome.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts