Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I am a bit of a newb and need to get some spools for my bike so I can do basic maintenance. Doing a search for spools on my regular motowebsites, I have not found any for the new model of the Z1000. Can someone direct me to brands or websites that make it easy to locate appropriate spools for this bike? Are these things pretty generic, as in, will the spools on the Kawi ZX-10 work on the Z1000?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The swingarm threads are 10mm just like the rest of the Kawasaki's. Look for some that are short since long ones hit the mufflers on the left side.

I got some Bikemaster brand 'race bike swingarm spools' for a ZX-10R from Motorcycle Superstore and they work fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I picked up some STM spools that are super short. However, I had a bit of an issue with the pitbull rubbing the swingarm...so maybe they are too short. Gonna readjust it the next time and see how it goes.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The spools I have are pretty short and I adjusted the stand all the way out to the end of them to keep from hitting the swingarm. It was easier once I got rid of the rear fender. It hit the handle on my stand and made it hard to keep the stand centered. I have a couple gouges in the swingarm paint because of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts