Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the spot where you can screw in a spool on the swingarm for a stand is broken off. Not sure if it was something already done. Or if it's from transportation of bike. But that's besides the fact. My question is does anyone a stand spool for in a different location on the swingarm.... or am I kinda screwed and have to replace the swing arm? Thanks for your responses in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
sometimes if you get spool that is tool “long” that the muffler slip-on can knock it off as the rear suspension articulates up and down. I’ve seen that happen before.
Since it’s for service purposes I would suggest finding someone that’s qualified with welding on aluminum to weld one back on if you really feel you need it. Wouldn’t be too hard to fabricate a threaded tab which is basically what that is and then weld it on. The welding of aluminum can be difficult and I would not let someone do it it’s not a certified welder because it could really damage your swing arm. Sorry man that sucks, but I hope this helps.
my old pitbull stand had lift arms that could slide in and grab underneath the swing arm and didn’t require the spool. might consider going that route too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a pair of these for sale, brand new, never mounted, $40 shipped, but does not come with any spool, just the mounting plate and all the hardware to mount. You can buy spools off amazon for $10.

It allows to use spools even if you're stock mounting tabs have broken off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Basically those are the only two good options^ You’d probably be fine using the padded ends of most stands under the swing arm, but personally I’d try and snag those mounts of ungarish up there as spools hold the bike better. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically those are the only two good options^ You’d probably be fine using the padded ends of most stands under the swing arm, but personally I’d try and snag those mounts of ungarish up there as spools hold the bike better. Just my 2 cents
Agreed the mounts listed above are the best choice. It's cheaper than replacing the swingarm.... and it still does the job fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts