Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I own a 2k14 Z1000 in the grey/green combo with vance and hines slipons. My bike shows a temperature of 102 or 103 tops when I push it, just wondering why it never spits flames? I've recently installed a K & N oil filter along with the oil change (Mobil 1 10W-40), the bike apart from the slipons is in stock condition and the mileage on the bike is about 14K kilometers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The temperature of your coolant doesnt have much to do with spitting flames. Drain the coolant, and it eventually will go up in flames..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
Wow - well for it to spit flames put a full system on and itll do that but, it wont be good for the engine as itll be running lean....very lean...on the whole a bike or car thats doing that (Spitting flames) is badly fueled....if fuel is added when the ecu is mapped your literally burning money....a correctly fueled engine will not do that atall...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - well for it to spit flames put a full system on and itll do that but, it wont be good for the engine as itll be running lean....very lean...on the whole a bike or car thats doing that (Spitting flames) is badly fueled....if fuel is added when the ecu is mapped your literally burning money....a correctly fueled engine will not do that atall...
Guess I should get used to the performance as it is now.

·
Registered
947 Posts
if you fit race headers that`ll give you a fair bit of popping and banging as it were (just looking at your pic and seeing its on stock headers.....

You can easily get another 15 brake out of them with dyno work (and the headers of course) the only problem is, is those brawlers will be earsplitting loud (ive had that set up) - heres mine 6 years back....they were so loud they overloaded my phones mic....

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yeah - i just had to carry around a bottle of paracetamol for a few months...eventually i switched to a single exit pipe with a cut down akra. now it goes through annual testing without the baffle and no advisories....theres a load of videos on my you tube channel of all the mods....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts