Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The best way to learn about em is youtube, but here goes my take...The unit plugs in to the speed sensor, which on gen 3 is at the front sprocket....follow the harness under the tank and unplug it...connect the spedo healer harness in between ...lastly take correction figure from speedo healer site and enter it to unit...See youtube video..it corrects in real time and drives the speedometer to the correction factor....my bike is 5mph slow....60 mph shown at 65...divide shown by actual and the correction factor is 0.92
if you are fast then i suppose you put in a minus correction figure...Point is, it is easy...The hardest part is getting to the harness...I think this is like a 10 minute install....and 2 minute program...Takes longer to set a watch!!!
On the 2014 the speedohealer does not plug in i just got mine in the mail and it looks like they want you to splice into the wiring I'm seriously kinda passed probably going to send it back I have no idea how they could take something so simple a turn it into a huge hassle theres no room in there to be cutting wires and splicing mire into them im going to try and find another one they should really label that in the description so people don't wait a week to find out its not a ten min job

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone knows the color code to install the healtexh speedo heaker. I ordered a healtech and got it today and it has the plug that goes into the healtech but the other end just has four wires hanging out from what it looks like I need to splice it in somewhere on the speed sensor cable just not sure where or what colors go with what there's a red white green and black can anyone give me any info on where I splice them in and what colors go where heres a pic of the harness not sure what the 4pin connectors for

·
Registered
15 Posts
  • I did they emailed them to me solice the red wire to the number 6 pin (posative+) connect the black to numer 16 pin ground and then you cut the number 10 (pink wire) rear wheel sensor i believe and you connect the green wire to the pink coming out of connector harness connect white wire to pink wire coming from bike. I did all that and programed the speedo and nothing speedometer says zero and speedo just stays blank i reset the speedo many times and reprogrammed it and nothing. I finally disconnected the wite and green wires and spliced the pink one back together and my speedometer works again so idk obviously its the speedohealer I just don't know what it is

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really think you'll have to contact the manufacturer for instructions.
I did they emailed them to me solice the red wire to the number 6 pin (posative+) connect the black to numer 16 pin ground and then you cut the number 6 pink (pink) rear wheel sensor i believe and you connect the green wire to the pink coming out of connector harness connect wite wire to pink wire coming from bije. I did all that and programed the speedo and nothing speedometer says zero and speedo just stays blank i reset the speedo many times and reprogrammed it and nothing. I finally disconnected the wite and green wires and spliced the pink one back together and my speedometer works again so idk obviously its the speedohealer I just don't know what it is

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did they emailed them to me solice the red wire to the number 6 pin (posative+) connect the black to numer 16 pin ground and then you cut the number 6 pink (pink) rear wheel sensor i believe and you connect the green wire to the pink coming out of connector harness connect wite wire to pink wire coming from bije. I did all that and programed the speedo and nothing speedometer says zero and speedo just stays blank i reset the speedo many times and reprogrammed it and nothing. I finally disconnected the wite and green wires and spliced the pink one back together and my speedometer works again so idk obviously its the speedohealer I just don't know what it is
I ment pink number 10 pin

21 - 26 of 26 Posts