Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happens to the best of us, eh??

Was leaving work parking garage, making a right turn to go down the ramp from the second floor. As I initiated the turn, a guy was coming up the ramp in the MIDDLE OF IT, so I had no room to get by. hit the front bvrake and dropped the bike. Hardly any damage at all...

But Ive got a badly broken right shoulder as a result! Head of the humerus broke off and got jammed down into the shaft of the humerus. Cant believe I hurt myself that bad in a 5mph tip over...

Oh well, Im gonna go take a couple more Percosets and take a nap. No work for the next 6-8 weeks either. So much for shooting my new rifle that I get to pick up today as well!

ARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Dude that bites the big one! Take it easy and be careful with those scripts,they can grab your *** quick!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get well soon! Maybe you'll be trying out that rifle as a lefty? My crash was at 10 mph and I couldn't believe it when it happened at such a slow speed. Just goes to show it happens fast at any speed I guess. Sounds like your shoulder hurts bigtime! I wouldn't worry about the pills until they won't give you any more. After all they are for pain, right? So put your feet up and enjoy your time off as best as you can.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now you have time to mod the crap out of your bike.....gotta look at the bright side!

**** - not with one arm! I can barely do much. Not even play xbox! I told the doctor "So youre telling me no work, no xbox and no jerking it for 6-8 weeks? WTH am I supposed to do at home alone for that long!"

What realy blows is that the weather still feels like spring out here...and the summer is just about to arrive. Talking 90's next week. Guess I will miss out this year! oh well - at least Im still alive to ride another day! :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
sorry 2 hear about that. hope u get better soon. enjoy the percocets & time off.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Take care of it.

Common misconception about injuries and speed...

Many think it's about the forward motion. That's only a big deal if you hit an immoveable object like a truck. Most of the time, you come off and keep on going, stopping slowly.

Gravity is the part that sucks. 9.8 meters/sec/sec is about 22 miles/hour/hour. A lot faster than 5 or 10 mph. Plus, when you land, you always come to an immediate stop.

Learned this when I was an avid mountain biker. Was sitting still one BSing about the ride we just did. The guy we were talking to had one foot in his clip-on still. He got off balance somehow and fell to the side he was clipped into. Cracked his skull pretty badly to where he was life flighted into the nearest town.

At 6 ft tall, he basically had a 4 mph crash with the immoveable pavement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow!! Must be stack your bike week. Going about 60 on a left hander and when I came out of the turn I must have hit the gas a little hard. It was also a little wet. Back end came around and before I knew it I high sided. Ouch. Broken left hand, tendon damage on right hand pinkie finger and a few bumps and bruises. I am not a young guy anymore. The face-shield on my helmet was completely trashed along with the front of the helmet. My gloves were shredded but served their purpose. My dainese full suit really helped. It kept my injuries down to a minimum. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. That has really got to hurt, because my little pinkie kind of hurts. :mad:

Mike

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Cant believe I hurt myself that bad in a 5mph tip over...
Actually some of the most damaging accidents are under 15 mph. I know a person who did what you did basically, and died. Glad you are OK man, Heal quickly! :eek:ccasion:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts