Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Sold my Z

3K views 30 replies 4 participants last post by  TheDoctor 
#1 ·
And then bought another Z. ..a faster one.

See less See more
#4 ·
Break in period until 600mi. Its fkng brutal! Can’t go over 6k :sleep: only 520 mi left to go.
I know the looks are polarizing, much like the sugomi Z, some love it, some hate it. I personally, think it’s bad ass! Haven’t seen it before, yeah I been under a rock lately lol, I stumbled across it by accident last night surfing for something else and said I think I need that. Love the H2 but Im a naked rider to the core. I swore id never sell my Z but technically I still have my Z so..

#5 ·
Yours is naked.

And its got the Baby Supercharger road legal in the USA.

Let's cross our fingers it doesn't become more naked during one of your runs post the break in period.

I am not a fan of the new graphics, design, etc after 2014 but.

How does it handle compared to your previous Z?

And did you find it last night & bought it today - a True Believer!

#6 ·
Don't give a damn what others think, the only view they are going to have is the rear of the bike for just a moment as the red light becomes like a shooting star.

Perfect timing, Perseid Star Showers are most available & easily seen in August in North America.

Tell us more Mate, the only bike I would give up my Z for is the H2 ...

#11 ·
Don't give a damn what others think
Yeah I never do. I mean, people love to put down others in an attempt to elevate themselves. The H2 purists say they’re watering down the mark with the Z, and it will only do 170 miles an hour, and is just a detuned H2 blah blah. This bike isnt meant to be a racebike and i personally cant ride down in the tuck with clip on grips for more than 30 min, and don’t ever expect to reach top speed on this thing anyway. I can’t wait to get into the thrust, and that I will do for my own satisfaction, and not for the admiration of others.

#8 ·
Short bursts over 6k are planned for today. But will have to wait to really get down on it. Turns and handles wonderfully, brakes are less grabby than my’14 but stops well. The front end feels very planted in turns, and the weight is really only felt until you let out the clutch. Yes, i saw it about 7pm and stayed up until after midnight reading up, and all those reviewers who usually hate the Z really wanted to hate this one too. And they couldn’t. Oh sure, they’re not going to buy it, but they can’t bash it either. Kawasaki has pulled off a magic trick with this bike. By Saturday morning, i was looking through dealer stock!

#9 ·
Yes these random units are hidden around the country.

The Bike is as naked as a Supercharged Bike can be, that fairing is designed to keep birds & other creatures from hitting your face at speed, like birds flying into plane engines.

A little tinkering after run in & you can unleash another 30-50 horsepower

#15 ·
Out on my favorite twisty blacktop, I found a group of riders, ducati r1 gixxers etc, i drew a bit of a crowd checking out the bike. All said the same thing “nice bike! Have fun with it.. looks awesome i bet it’s going to be a blast when you unlock it” just goes to show, riders in the real world are much cooler than some online dooshbag bitchin about the “insignificant” ZH2 with its “fugly headlights“ and upright riding position .. I digress. Anyway they all blasted off like Millennium Falcons and I WANT TO PLAY TOO!😫 Gaddammit Only 450 mi left, Id better get going!
cheers

#16 · (Edited)
220 on the clock. Not bad for 2 days riding. I think the seat is a little better than i first thought. Once i got on the twistys and started moving around it was more tolerable. I found the dealer instructions a bit fuzzy so i read the manual Turns out after 400 mi “ride moderately” and no RPM restrictions noted.

#18 · (Edited)
Dont know just says
0-250mi 4k max with occasional overage
250-400mi 6k max with occasional overage
400-600 “ride moderately”
600 mi service -Tq bolts, change oil, the usual.
Lasted up to 200 mi with my ‘14 Z, but gave up and rode the sh!+ out of it. Im probably just being over cautious, because the SC I’m unfamiliar with it.
I’ve just been trying to not keep a constant rpm. Rev up the throttle to 5-6k and chop -repeat. Ad nauseam.
i guess by moderate meaning no sustained high rpm runs. Got into it a bit today, there’s a beast in for sure.

#19 · (Edited)
Baby sit the run in - your Kawasaki will repay you for it - my Z was babied by the Japanese Owner (he didn't have a choice as he was only 5 foot 3 inches & his previous bike was a Suzuki Brugman Scooter).

Every other Z I ride from 2016-2014, this bike smokes them 25% easily.

Whenever someone offers one like mine for sale I ride down & test ride them - people sell crap.

Just had the same experience with a guy that buys auction bikes, the steering was bad, the bike had no power & he offered to do all the DMV Paperwork - he bought the bike for $1100 & was selling it for $7500 & it had been in an accident, repaired, sold, repossessed - it looked great but ran like a 600 - some sucker bought it & thinks he is having a Z Experience.

The impostor is in green.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

#22 ·
Yeah, 600mi oil
change alerts to any heavy shavings, and allows for retorque for thermal expansion. Standard stuff. I thought about just riding forever sat night, but the on/off throttle is hard to take, and 4-6k is birdcage stuff i may have drivein myself insane.
All In due time my friend. I think I may start another thread for interested surfers. The ZH2 search forum function brought back squat.
Its a fkng Z, it belongs here.

#23 ·
Congrats 2Wheels :cool: Didn't notice the upright riding position until you mentioned it. Should be a blast to ride, and in comfort.
AWESOME!! Bet you are STOKED! I agree, take it easy until you can let'er rip. I've done the same break in as you are doing and never had an issue. ...lost my patience a couple times but the perma-grin was worth it!

#26 · (Edited)
You are getting soft Mate, even Oregon has another 6 weeks of sunshine left

Disconnect the sprinklers, get a little tent for the front yard, wrap everything in warm blankets, put a hot water bottle under the frame where the electronic module is & keep guard of the H2 by sleeping outside the tent.

By September she will be calm again.

Its simple Logic a Woman should understand "Honey as a Man ages he get a little slower every year & that is why you see many men buying fast convertibles, etc. This is why we need the Supercharged H2 as it goes even faster as we slow down..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.