Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
check rubber hose that runs close to exhaust. it may be touching.:screwy::screwy::screwy: i do all my own oil changes don't have that problem, ben.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
As long as its only you burning rubber, everythings fine. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine had a slight wood burning smell when new....and

antifreeze smell when new. Had to replace the thermostat housing gasket. Read that other people had the wood burning smell when new and might be the cat converter.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
So i have a 2010 z with about 420miles.. my last 2 times out ive smelled a burning smell??
My 2012 gave off a strong electrical burning smell at about the same mileage. This was after riding for a while at a fairly quick pace.

Haven't smelt again since... I hit 700 miles today, still runs fine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
valve cover gasket?

If you have not yet had first service, the valve cover may be loose...Have seen many new bikes with loose cover on here...Any oil on pipe would stink...might be getting on front pipe where you can't see it, but smell it...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you have not yet had first service, the valve cover may be loose...Have seen many new bikes with loose cover on here...Any oil on pipe would stink...might be getting on front pipe where you can't see it, but smell it...
I'll check it after Sandy goes away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts