Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Itd be nice.... Scouring the net for pics at the moment.... Lookslike it will.... Just need to be sure....

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Nope. Wont fit mate. Had some serious emails back and forth with ohlins about it last year. Why would you go that route when you can go a purpose built one that will do the job nicely. Piggyback shock will not fit. You have to go remote resy if you want it. No point reinventing the wheel mate...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nope. Wont fit mate. Had some serious emails back and forth with ohlins about it last year. Why would you go that route when you can go a purpose built one that will do the job nicely. Piggyback shock will not fit. You have to go remote resy if you want it. No point reinventing the wheel mate...
They say great lines repeat them selves, repeat them selves,repeat them selves.........>:) Ain't I a stinker!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Its too bad, but it has almost nothing in common. Several inches too short and the mounting eyes are a different style.

Theres not even a diy solution that would even be some what practical. If someone gave you the ohlins, odds are you'd end up handing it back to the. Its that far off.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I want a 2014 ninja 1000 suspension.. whoever wants to swap lol.. dial pre load.. stock works.. but would be nice to upgrade.. of course

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The stock shocks are so poorly set up, a person would really have to question swapping them if they were all free to exchange. Quality is not horrible, but set up is.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Agree @rcannon the setup of the z1000 shock is so far off the mark its laughable. @kobi if you are wanting the preload adjustment, all the aftermarket shocks have the hydraulic adjuster as an option. Waste of time looking at a ninja shock.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Price - essentially the ttx I was looking at was 400 quid cheaper than brand new and had been used twice....so im guessing if I want a 3 way shock then I need to find something with 2 remote reservoirs...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A brand new Nitron r3 would have also been about 1150 quid English....again about a 400 quid saving (If it was still there....)

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Should see what you can get from shock treatment here in Oz. They do international sales and the exchange to you would get the Matris for about 2 and a half quid lol

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im not sure what you meant about reinventing the wheel but all I was trying to do was to find a second hand (top end) shock from a.n other bike that would fit...in previous gen's the zx10 has fitted - I was just applying the same logic....based on the fact theres no second hand top end shock for sale for the gen 4 zed...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im pretty sure if I ordered something from aus I get caned for the tax coming into the uk....im not that lucky to get by that...plus I reckon the carriage on a shock from the other side of the world would be pretty high!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to bring this to the top again.....im looking every day for a second hand shock for mine (Gen4) Obviously theres not many options around (new) and less second hand - I came close to pulling the trigger and taking a chance on a 2013 zx10 nitron r3 but stopped short as I couldn't be sure. On a side note I did get a race pro shock the other day for my RSV4 factory, it was a slight upgrade to the ohlins that's in there and the ohlins is worth near the same price (the lad selling it I think needed to get some funds back in as he's just bought another newer rsv4 for the track) - so, when it turns up and I get it fitted im gonna have a play and see if the ohlins from the rsv4 fits the zed....and even if it doesn't then itll give me a bit of a baseline on what im looking for...Ie what shape of shock fits...if it doesn't and ive got to get one new, then itll be a nitron r3 brand spanking from nitron...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Your walking through a store and you see a set of running shoes that sell for 250.00 marked down to 15.00. Sadly, they are size 14 and you wear size 11.

Do you buy them, anyway?

If you would, that used 10r shock will be perfect. Its several inches too short and its built in reservoir wont slide up into the frame. Theres no reason to believe spring rate is correct (bike is 50lbs lighter) or damping correct (again, bike is 50lbs lighter).

You also would not be able to reach in and adjust compression damping on the shock that wont fit, anyway.

Bike has been available, worldwide, since 2010. No reported replacement shock of any kind.

So, you need a match up for the other 500lb bike that uses a shock that hides one end deep into the frame. Non attached remote reservoir.

Meanwhile, traxxion dynamics can re spring and revalve your stock shock for 350.00. Its not top of the line, but it works very well. Added value is it actually fits.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well.... There is a nitron shock for sale atm.... Its for a 1999 vfr but looks like it fits.. I called nitron to check and they said the valving was slightly different but when it gets serviced they would change that for free in the service.... So... Thats an option...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A bit off topic but i bought a nitron race pro for my rsv4 factory and the difference is amazing to the ohlins that came off.... So im definately going for a nitron, really impressed with the one ive got!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 57 Posts