Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know how you guys like crazy parts. I bought one of these, last week. It's a nice addition. Shifts are that much more precise. Be careful if you order one as webike has two different models. I bought both, but you want this Aella brand , with the moveable bearing. Its listed for the z900rs, but we use the same case, so it fits. This piece is well machined, and fits perfectly. I had to wait a whole 2 days shipping from Japan to Salt Lake City, Ut.

·
Registered
465 Posts
2 days shipping is not bad at all! How does this make shifting more precise?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
RC's post almost sounds like the company hacked his log in and posted an ad. ...but yes we do like crazy parts so it must be him!

This is what the ad states:
Support holder for the gear change shaft.
The use of a drive bush eliminates the wobble of the shaft itself and allows for more reliable shift operation.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was sold at the words crazy parts. I Should have read the ad. Thnaks Koggs and ofcourse RC for sharing

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ive got something like this on my RSV4 - so just to double check the link points to the one that is right?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did link to the correct piece. It does just what the as says. It holds the shift shaft a little more steady. I went back and fixed my mistake, but a hacker would have been smart enough to spell "machined" correctly. Me? Not so much.

Probably no big deal. It's not one of those YOU HAVE TO BUY ONE things. My only thought was because some have had gearbox issues. If theres any chance it might help with this issue, it's probably worth the money.

I wish I had a free pass at the Webike store. They have the most interesting parts that I've ever seen. Way too expensive, but the selection is insane.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just ordered....as i can say i can see the merit in one as ive got the same thing on the RSV....black is out of stock so quite the wait but itll be a nice surprise when it turns up....Good info - thanks very much.

·
Registered
594 Posts
the original kawasaki part must have a lot of flex under load. makes sense. glad webike took the initiative and made a stiffer/better part. thanks rcannon!

·
Registered
316 Posts
On my bike there is play at the pivot point,between the bushing on the gearchange lever and the bolt holding it to the frame. It was like this from new. A slightly tighter fit would make a more accurate change,but Kawasaki probably erred on the loose side to avoid the assembly seizing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my bike there is play at the pivot point,between the bushing on the gearchange lever and the bolt holding it to the frame. It was like this from new. A slightly tighter fit would make a more accurate change,but Kawasaki probably erred on the loose side to avoid the assembly seizing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Order mine as well. Black, will have to wait. Now, any of you knows if, apart from full rearsets kit, if a shift lever with ball bearing is available for our bike? I know that Murphskit.com has ball bearing insert for the stock Ninja 1000 shift lever and I am waiting for a confirmation that it’s compatible for the Z1000.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Order mine as well. Black, will have to wait. Now, any of you knows if, apart from full rearsets kit, if a shift lever with ball bearing is available for our bike? I know that Murphskit.com has ball bearing insert for the stock Ninja 1000 shift lever and I am waiting for a confirmation that it’s compatible for the Z1000.
Keep us posted,because I'd certainly try one.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Murphs ball bearings will fit the z1000. I have a set of z 1000 rearsets that I installed on my Ninja 1000. The stock Ninja uses a strange, rubber mounted rearset. It's like your feet are moving around, as you ride. It was awful. I used murphs kit in my z1000 pieces before I installed them.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No idea, but anything that makes shifting more exact has to help?

What do you think? It would be easier to answer if we knew just what was wrong with 4th gear, or why it fails. I believe the factory pro shift spring will help, too.

You guys correct me if I'm ful of it, but the bad 4th gear, and quickshifters, appeared to go hand in hand, didnt they?

If misi g a shift damages gears, and it does, then this has to help.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't want to wait on the black,so ordered the plain version. From ordering in Japan to arriving at my house in N.Ireland it took only 5 days. Amazing. :cool:

I haven't been out yet,but the design function and the way it supports can only be a good thing. It fitted straight on,no messing about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts