Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really. At least that's what I'm thinking. I know better but I just haven't gotten used to this 4 cylinder business. Just picked it up so I only have 100 miles on it. My first 4 cylinder in 25 years. My last one was a V4 that fired like a twin.

I've been riding various 2 cylinder bikes for 25 years so the sound is just different. For instance, at 4000 rpms, my ears are telling me I'm doing 8000 rpm because the Ninja fires twice as often as a 2 cylinder. I think I'm speeding all the time now. I just have to get used to riding in a different rpm range. Seems wierd. I keep looking for a 7th gear. Just like my old 4 speeds and 5 speeds, I was always looking for that overdrive gear.:screwy:

Also done some accidental wheelies today. I think the Ninja and I are going to get along nicely!:D

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
congrats on ur new ninja. i went from a 98 superhawk to my 03 z1000. took some getting used to. still miss that v twin rumble & low rpm torque

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know what you mean, and yes, it does take some time to get used too.

If you don't mind sacrificing a little top end, gear it down a little and you won't have to wind it up quite so high to do the same work compared to the stock gearing if you catch my drift...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It feels just as weird getting on a twin, after riding 4 cyls for 10 years...

I am always like.... its time to shift already!?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have just over 1100 miles on my 2010 Z. On the highway, cruising along at 70 or so (@5k rpm), I STILL sometimes find myself shifting into "7th" gear.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I am performing 10k shifts alot on my '03..... I am a sucker for acceleration :D

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts