Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help, it's my understanding that all Z1000's from 2007 to 2010 use servo motors to control a valve in the exhaust system, is this correct?

The reason I ask is I've developed a servo eliminator for the ZX6R but it looks like the same servo motor is used on a bunch of other Kawasaki models, and I've confirmed my servo eliminator works in the ZX10R's as well, which is probably very similar to the Z1000. If the Z1000 does in fact use these servo motors would anyone be willing to test my servo eliminator in their bike? I'd prefer if you were local to the chicagoland area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is my first Z1000 but I think it is controlled by servo. if no body chimes in by morning I will post a pic of what I think is the servo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup that's the one, looks to be exactly the same motor in my 6R and the 10R. Can I ask what year your bike is?

Also on my bike and the other's i've tested, if you disconnect and remove that motor/cables etc the FI light comes on, hence the need for the eliminator, is that true on the Z1000's as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't believe it's true on the Zs, Jeremy. I've read a lot of folks going with full systems and none have mentioned any FI light problems - though they have mentioned removing those cables.
I think most exhaust systems come with a plate you bolt to the top of the motor, this plate bangs against the raised part of the servo motor restricting it's movement, thus the ECU think's all is well.

The problem is if people want to completely remove the servo motor to free up some room for a power commander, or drop a pound or whatever, then the FI light comes on because the servo motor is missing. Also, without that plate to restrict movement I *think* an FI light would come on (it does on the 6R and 10R's), but I can't say for sure if that's true on the Z1000

·
Registered
99 Posts
the bike is the new model 2010. I bet by just removing the cables but not the servo the cumputer thinks the servo is still working so no FI light.

later I look at mine if it simple to disconect the electrical and test I will and post the result ( unless some one allready knows )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange, if I remove the cables on my bike (2006 6r) the motor just spins in one direction for a full rotation then stops and lights up the FI light, maybe they fixed that on the newer models....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I removed the cables from the servo motor on my 2010 Z and it did not make the FI light come on, it did not affect anything. I have had the cables off for about a month now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the cables from the servo motor on my 2010 Z and it did not make the FI light come on, it did not affect anything. I have had the cables off for about a month now.
Just to clarify you removed the cables from the motor, not just the exhaust valve correct?

Very interesting, sounds like you guys are luckier than us zx guys with that respect!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys, the only remaining question I have then I guess is if you unplug the servo motor all together does the FI light come on?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a qestion the job of the servo is to open the valve at 6000 .

OH the servo holds the valve shut so by removing the cables the valve is allwayes open --- correct ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a qestion the job of the servo is to open the valve at 6000 .

OH the servo holds the valve shut so by removing the cables the valve is allwayes open --- correct ?
The valve defaults to open, so if you remove the cables the valve will stay wide open yes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like an EXUP or SET valve, I had an Aprovopovic system installed on mine, and there was an insert on the new setup, but there is a block installed. I didn't feel a lost of torque once it was bloced off, actually the torque got better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, could you post you servo eliminator? I removed the servo and I have the FI Light.
Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help, it's my understanding that all Z1000's from 2007 to 2010 use servo motors to control a valve in the exhaust system, is this correct?

The reason I ask is I've developed a servo eliminator for the ZX6R but it looks like the same servo motor is used on a bunch of other Kawasaki models, and I've confirmed my servo eliminator works in the ZX10R's as well, which is probably very similar to the Z1000. If the Z1000 does in fact use these servo motors would anyone be willing to test my servo eliminator in their bike? I'd prefer if you were local to the chicagoland area.

·
Registered
979 Posts
the servo on the z1000's doesn't turn fully like it does on the zx6r and the zx10r. The zx6r and 10r turn fully one way and they tell the bike it has a fi problem. I guess kawasaki changed it's servo for the z1000. I just put a new exhaust on my bike and disconnected the cables from my servo but it is still plugged in and i have no light. I actually watched the servo on my z1000 and it only turns a little bit maybe half way and stops. And i have no Fi light. I know if you remove the servo completely it does give you the light and you would need a Fi fixer. But the servo doesn't way that much so i just left mine in.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I removed the servo motor to make room for my power commander V And yes I did buy a servo eliminator, also removed the cool air injector block off plates & solenoid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts