Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://screaming-banshee.com/products

I started a Thread last night fully intent on getting owners feedback as to any of the Denali Soundbomb line up of Air Horns & in the process found the above which is;

1. Less expensive
2. Smaller - easier to install
3. Even louder than a Denali with a 0.15 seconds progression from "Watch Out, I am riding here ..." to "18 heeler SemiTruck on your ***, get out of the way ..."
4. And they have an integrated flashing light feature either to your existing lights or a separate LED Light strip that looks really well made - I might even add this as a daytime riding light with a strobe effect to get other road user's attention.

If any of you have already done this upgrade & want to share your experience, I would love to find out your opinion ...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chose the Screaming Banshee "Shockwave" model because;

1. It is a progressive, 2/Two Stage Horn.

Screaming Banshee is easy to use with simple, intuitive operation. Simply tap your horn button to "beep" (Friendly mode) or hold for 0.15 sec to deliver a pulsating blast of the Shockwaves air horn while flashing the high beam headlights (Angry mode!). Can be heard from 3 blocks away!

It's also the loudest Air Horn available for a Motorcycle.

2. Installation is simple - no relays, no extra wiring or connectors to buy.

3. The Horn can also be wired to your Headlight so when you sound the Horn it causes the Lights* to Flash giving Drivers a visual warning also.

*for $69 you can also buy a high intensity, 6 inch x 2 inch LED Light Bar that offers even more visual warning to distracted drivers (& for owners that don't want to tap into their existing headlight wiring).

The only reason I didnt purchase the LED Light Bar is because my bike is Mint Stock & I want to add everything else first.

4. It was more money than the Biggest Denali but I think this is the best unit out there for the two features above.

I was told for our Z1000's they could be mounted behind the left fairing - I also ordered the Longer Flat Mounting Bracket because they suggested it is easier to bend & modify just in case.

Hope this helps other Members out there ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts