Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a long trip and want to put on some decent storage so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for saddle bags. I've found a number of options for tank bags but haven't seemed to be able to see any nice options for saddle bags. Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a chance to check out the Cortech sportbike saddlebags and the Ogio saddlebags. Both also have a tail bag that works with the saddlebags. If I had to buy them right now I would probably go with the Ogio. They seemed to be very well made,have a nice profile and a rain cover attached.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Cortech Tribag system (saddlebags w/tailbag) and I love it. I did a 6k and a 4k mile trip with them. The only thing I didn't like were the rain covers, if you don't get them just perfect the wind will rip them. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Saddlebags

I have the Cortech Tribag system (saddlebags w/tailbag) and I love it. I did a 6k and a 4k mile trip with them. The only thing I didn't like were the rain covers, if you don't get them just perfect the wind will rip them. :mad:
I have Nelson Rig & GIVI soft bag brackets, A must to hold the bags in place. rode from GA to Cal 6,000 miles in rain wind & snow no leaks.Plus tank bag. all have rain covers:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
can you guys post pics? especially the ones with rain covers. really interested to see how they look like. were they really handy on long rides?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've also been looking for bags. The Ogio ones do seem like a good choice. I've owned other Ogio products and have been very satisfied with their quality.

Does anyone know of some hard luggage options? I've got a 2010 in white/orange. I doesn't have to match, black or grey would be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Cortech Tri Bag system and love it! But like they said the rain covers do have to be put on just right .

·
Registered
109 Posts
i m looking at the givi hard bags they go for $400 with the mounts and they look very good. you guys need to check them out. but i dontknow if they make them for the 3rd gen Z.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice bags! i plan to get some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts