Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way home last weekend, my bike started to sound different when i got close to home (about 3 miles to home).
got home and listened.. it sounded like a bad spark plug... shut it off and there is petrol smelling even dripping from the manifold on the extreme left if you are facing the bike. i let it cool off and started it the next morning.. lots of white smoke which smells like petrol .. i think one of my injectors is stuck open. i have ordered a new set of injectors and plugs awaiting their arrival.
just curious... could it be something else?
please help. its a 2010 non abs z1000.
thanks peeps!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i
that sound like what could have happed. if it is not that, then it something like that. do you have some pics? ??
Yeah I changed the injectors and it's still doing the same.. so I'm still trouble shooting.. if I don't succeed I'll have to take it to a shop ..i was hoping someone had experiencedthis and could help....thanks .. I appreciate

· Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z1000R
46 Posts
Do you know if there's proper firing in every cylinder? A good way to check is to spray water on the header once it's hot, you'll see if one is colder. Could help you pinpoint the problem

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so it was the ECU. I bought a brand new ECU and the problem disappeared! what a relief. please what could make the ECU go bad all of a sudden? after changing the ECU bcos it sat for about two to three months, it ddnt rev past 7000rpm...i got a pump (just the pump) from Ebay and it worked well but was not idling and keeps stuttering plus going off at the traffic light... my mechanic adviced we got an OEM pump which i did .. brand new. bike has stopped stalling and runs way better than b4. the only issue left is that it stutters on idle and initial take off.. asides that the bike runs very powerful like a bat out of hell. my mechanic says we should change the coils ...says one may be failing.. i have ordered the coils and should install then this week hopefully. I forgot to mention we changed the plugs too.
I am glad at least i can ride the bike.
does anyone think its the coils? thanks in advance

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know if there's proper firing in every cylinder? A good way to check is to spray water on the header once it's hot, you'll see if one is colder. Could help you pinpoint the problem
yeah i did this a while ago b4 changing out the pump. i noticed the cylinder on the far right was not as hot. referring to the cylinder on the extreme right if you are sitting on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts