Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it was my S8 that came out of the case - I think its my phone - it was the only one on the freeway when I doubled back.

Some BS town north of Patterson on the way to San Francisco on the ever so boring 5 Freeway, bought gas & did the on ramp blast off & somewhere between 125mph & above it left the frame

1. 20200608_173520_resized.jpg
    20200608_173601_resized.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes that is my bike headed in the wrong direction - the thing of value in this God Forsaken Stretch is the very wide medians.

The Good Thing - my SIMS Card & Data Card was still intact, kind of ...

20200608_173500_resized.jpg
20200608_153028_resized.jpg

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use quadlock, hasn't failed since I bought it in 17/18. My previous holder rammount xgrip, sent my phone off flying when I was on a roadtrip through the UK and Ireland.

Btw how do you like your ixil sx1 exhaust?
I still have a project in mind where I can use it, to keep de dual exhausts from covering the rearwheel.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is one awesome exhaust system, Doc! I am planning to have a Two Brothers Slipons but seeing your bike just made me thinking of not getting the Two Brothers exhaust for the moment... :)

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It certainly makes a big difference to the lines by removing those massive pipes plus being tucked away underneath.

It sounds great & not having to tune it (I am not that good a rider that I need to eke out all the horsepower), is a great savings.

$745.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I donr know how long it takes to put the slip ons on but this was 20 minutes* in the shop.

it took 3 hours to finally break the tack weld* that IXIL because of Euro Spec Compliance now have to tack the Racing DB Killer Baffle in during factory production but we were trying to break it carefully when it was already on the bike.

**if you order one, ask for Chris - he has a video he can send you - mention my name & he knows sometimes they get over eager when putting that weld on - it used to be that the DB Killers you added by screwing them in after install

·
Registered
68 Posts
Doc, thanks for these technical info on the IXIL. Unfortunately, I would be spending a lot on the shipment fees. And some dealers do not ship to my place, Philippines.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I donr know how long it takes to put the slip ons on but this was 20 minutes* in the shop.

it took 3 hours to finally break the tack weld* that IXIL because of Euro Spec Compliance now have to tack the Racing DB Killer Baffle in during factory production but we were trying to break it carefully when it was already on the bike.

**if you order one, ask for Chris - he has a video he can send you - mention my name & he knows sometimes they get over eager when putting that weld on - it used to be that the DB Killers you added by screwing them in after install
I found one locally, but it out of stock and the price tag is a bit expensive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bummer!

You understand its a full system right?

In the Philippines when you go to sell the bike do they make you restore the original pipes for Emission Standards?

Are Two Brothers much cheaper?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bummer!

You understand its a full system right?

In the Philippines when you go to sell the bike do they make you restore the original pipes for Emission Standards?

Are Two Brothers much cheaper?
Yes, it is!

Used bikes here at sold with the aftermarket pipes. Majority of Philippine riders change their stock pipes to aftermarket pipes. We want loud pipes so to let people and small vehicles know we are passing. Road conditions here are entirely different from yours. I mean, people usually cross the streets at any point due to no pedestrians lanes are imposed on a lot of streets.

The Two Brothers slip ons are way much cheaper. I am about to order these TB. Unfortunately, these are also out of stock.

However, some riders ask for the stock pipes when they buy a used big bike. They would be lucky if the person selling the big bike has not sold the stock pipes separately to another buyer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think ixil is australian based company... maybe worth checking out some australian sites for prices?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They might have an Australian importer as they do for the USA.

To connect to the USA website you have to change the address;

IXIL EXHAUST USA

Phillipines probably tax the @#$% out of imports

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember now that they come with a Lanyard - of course I never connected mine ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts