Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, went out for a 1 hour ride today. This was in town with some stop and go. Top speeds were only 40mph. I noticed in the stop and go that I was reaching temps 218 to 221. Now my fan was quickly kicking on and cooling it back down. I have checked the antifreeze and it is full and mixed 50/50. Another thing I noticed is decel pop with factory cannisters. I have retorqued the factory headers when I first noticed this, it was a little loose but not extremely. The bike runs and drives fine. But I have a strong fuel smell when I get on it. Maybe just paranoia, but what do you peeps think?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay peeps I was able to find my answer on riding temps. Apparently this is normal. But what about the decel pop with factory cannisters?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
u have a power commander or fuel controller? sounds like u may be rich. are ur muffler tips black? went threw the same thing with mine after putting a commander on mine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
no commander or tuner of anykind, YET.

Just went out and checked and the ends are not black. Probably gonna pull the plugs and see how they look tomorrow

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine popped after changing the plugs and cleaning the air filter...

Ended up being the emission tubes that go to the top of the head...One was off causing my bike to appear to be running hotter....But my fan didnt come on at 218....

Some how Im thinking there is a coolant temp thru the pc that the fan works off of and the cluster temp must be somewhere else.......Once fixed my fan came on around 210 all the time and the popping stopped by putting the tube back on.

I too have the nasty gas fumes from my bike almost like it vents through the gas cap when parked under sun light...

f1rocco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts