Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size allen wrench you need to remove the front wheel axle? The tool kit does not have one large enough to fit it.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
You have to buy a T-6 Hex axle tool it has four metric hex sizes 17,19,22and 24mm you can get one at your Kawasaki:) shop for 38.95 plus tax:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone know what size allen wrench you need to remove the front wheel axle? The tool kit does not have one large enough to fit it.
If you have a 2010/2011 Z1000, the front axle hex size is 14 mm.
I'm removing the front wheel right now, and it's definitely a 14.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I made one from a Wheel nut for a car and welded it to a hex head bolt of the same thread.....Cost about $3 to make
THIS.

Works excellent; I remove my front wheel at least once a year!

·
Registered
61 Posts
so the 03 is a 22mm?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got a plum bob from home depot that is a 7/8" hex on the outside of the body. Slide that into the axle then turn it with a box end 7/8" wrench. Costs $5 and is solid as hell! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
my repair manual doesnt talk about the tool or anything. does the 22mm turn? got the small nut off now what

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes the 22 is part of the axle and needs to be loosened. You could also get a long 22mm (7/8) lug nut from a truck and use a wrench on that to loosen it up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got mine off ebay for 10ish bucks shipped. Remember on the first gens the nut & axle are one piece. Loosen the nut and the whole axle slides out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts