Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
In terms of loud,, removing the Racing Decibel Baffle which is now tack welded at the factory, very little difference.

Its not loud but the faster you go, the more sound it makes.

Even an idle its a deep rumbling, growling sound but very manageable.

The bike performed so much better without it & kept on sounding more impressive the more I rode it.

At it's not like a Vance & Hines set up.

Its simply a deep, resonant idle.

Perfect for the freeway.

Perfect for any traffic.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah - i tend to frequent that more, theres a few on here that are on there also. All my mods are on there....

Im not on the facebook one as ive not got a facebook account....i must confess im not a social media person...i tend to stay away from that stuff...

·
Registered
Grn 4 Z1000 R Edition
27 Posts

Mine's the R Edition so it came without the exhaust valve. If you leave the valve in the closed position and remove the cables it shouldn't throw up a fault code. I have Black Widow headers (excellent quality) and Akra cans. The headers made a huge difference in power gain and weight loss. I haven't bothered with a remap as it runs fine and I don't think it's worth the money.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I got the BW 230mm carbon cans and build quality was excellent there as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bristol - my guy is about 15 mins from my house....no power commander - ecu flash....you wont get the functionality from a power commander that you will from an ecu flash...flashing the ecu gives up other goodies also like injector cut in time, flapper valve delete, and increased redline to name a few (ie mine was still making power at the redline so it was upped by 500rpm) - a power commander cant do any of that....if you fancy the ride come down here....
Hi , I’m also in Bristol. I’ve got a gen 3 and just fitted Decated system to my yoshi’s.
Where in Bristol did you you have the bike flashed and how much did it cost please?
Cheers

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi - i go to CJS racing down in Clutton.

Cost will be anything from (and dont quote me on it) depends on how long it takes him....£350 - £450.

The way it tends to go....he`ll take a baseline run, then dump the ecu make changes, write it back and then re-run....he`ll keep doing that until he gets the optimum run....as the airbox is the same shape as my gen4 (i think) - i would recomnend lopping the bottom off it for the cost as if you do it after then itll need remapping and its dead cheap to do too....

Oh text Chris for a booking - dont bother calling him as he never ever answers (in the 7 years ive been taking bikes there!) :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts