Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick video of my bike and it's mods. Some people might be interested in seeing what the invisible bra looks like on the Z1000. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just a quick video of my bike and it's mods. Some people might be interested in seeing what the invisible bra looks like on the Z1000. Hope this is helpful.

YouTube - 2008 Kawasaki Z1000 - Akrapovic System
Really digg your bike! It's sweet!

How resent are we talking? The weather seems sweet in the video... so jealous. We still have snow and about 32 °F here in southern Sweden :(

I also have a white Z, a white/silver -09 though and also the full Akrapovic Racing System, but the titanium version. Will make a video of mine to, as soon as the weather gets a bit better in about 2 LOOOOONG months ;(.

That i really like on your bike is the bar end mirrors, what brand are they? Would really like to get some of those for mine aswell. Looks really cool!

I also wonder what exactly that invisible protection is. Is it like you can get for your iPhone that you glue on to make it more resistant aginst scrathes and dirt?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 21 degrees outside yesterday. It was cold. I had tears streaking from my eyes when the cold wind got into my helmet. But. I had to get out and ride for my sanity in this winter. :). It's supposed to snow again this week.

The mirrors are CRG brand called Lane Splitters. The invisible protection is exactly like the Zagg protection for the iPhone. Same material. But it is fully removable like a sticker.

Thanks for the comments. Your bike is sweet too! Now go make a video! :).

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was 21 degrees outside yesterday. It was cold. I had tears streaking from my eyes when the cold wind got into my helmet. But. I had to get out and ride for my sanity in this winter. :). It's supposed to snow again this week.

The mirrors are CRG brand called Lane Splitters. The invisible protection is exactly like the Zagg protection for the iPhone. Same material. But it is fully removable like a sticker.

Thanks for the comments. Your bike is sweet too! Now go make a video! :).
Yeah, as long as there is no snow, the cold i can live with :)

Okey, will have a lock around to see if i can get them somwhere here in Sweden...

Okey, that's cool. Haven't thought about having that on the bike, but it makes sense. Does it help against bugs and stuff to? Makes it easier to clean of i meen. Having a white bike is cool but alot of work ;)

Have you bought invisible protection and cut it yourself or someone sells it to fit the Z?

I'm thinking of getting a belly pan aswell, and some bar end mirrors. Then I will make a video. Will try to get a hold of a good camera so the sound turnes out better than with simply a phone. I want the sound of the Akra to be as truthful as possible, because it's so great :D

The only problem is the price of Kawasaki's original belly pan, so trying to find some other brand without any luck. Started a tread here about a week ago but got no anwsers :/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, as long as there is no snow, the cold i can live with :)

Okey, will have a lock around to see if i can get them somwhere here in Sweden...

Okey, that's cool. Haven't thought about having that on the bike, but it makes sense. Does it help against bugs and stuff to? Makes it easier to clean of i meen. Having a white bike is cool but alot of work ;)

Have you bought invisible protection and cut it yourself or someone sells it to fit the Z?

I'm thinking of getting a belly pan aswell, and some bar end mirrors. Then I will make a video. Will try to get a hold of a good camera so the sound turnes out better than with simply a phone. I want the sound of the Akra to be as truthful as possible, because it's so great :D

The only problem is the price of Kawasaki's original belly pan, so trying to find some other brand without any luck. Started a tread here about a week ago but got no anwsers :/
I got my kit from Car Stickers, 3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber, Matte Black Car Wrap, Clear Bra. It is already cut for the Z1000 and is great for protecting the tank too. I have short legs and my zipper always rubs against the tank when I am trying to move the bike while sitting on it. It is scratch resistant, so you can use a fingernail to get bugs off easily. You just have to use the same type of polish spray (Pledge, Plexis, etc.) to keep it nice and slippery so no bugs can stick on it just as you would on your paint. I did have a friend of mine cut a larger custom piece of the invisible shield (he had extra because he also installs them on cars) and I put it on my undertail to protect from rock chips that the rear wheel kicks up.

Does the Kawasaki belly pan (the European one, not like my crappy stock one) fit with a full Akrapovic system including the fatter header pipes? You might want to ask on the "other" message board to get more answers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my kit from Car Stickers, 3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber, Matte Black Car Wrap, Clear Bra. It is already cut for the Z1000 and is great for protecting the tank too. I have short legs and my zipper always rubs against the tank when I am trying to move the bike while sitting on it. It is scratch resistant, so you can use a fingernail to get bugs off easily. You just have to use the same type of polish spray (Pledge, Plexis, etc.) to keep it nice and slippery so no bugs can stick on it just as you would on your paint. I did have a friend of mine cut a larger custom piece of the invisible shield (he had extra because he also installs them on cars) and I put it on my undertail to protect from rock chips that the rear wheel kicks up.

Does the Kawasaki belly pan (the European one, not like my crappy stock one) fit with a full Akrapovic system including the fatter header pipes? You might want to ask on the "other" message board to get more answers.
Okey, thanks. Will have a look at that!

Oh, didn't even think of that! Good point, will have to look into that. I saw that zephyrboy738 have a belly pan on his and he also have an 4-2-1 Akra. So sent him a pm asking what brand his is.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Go to the super bike store.com.look under products 07-10 z1000 you will find the belly pan for $160 plus tax black only

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go to the super bike store.com.look under products 07-10 z1000 you will find the belly pan for $160 plus tax black only
Is your belly pan the European OEM pan from Kawasaki? I can't tell from your avatar. The Kawasaki OEM Euro one I've seen is longer and more pointy than my US OEM belly pan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks again, fellow crazies. It was a balmy 35*F today, so I took her out for my doctor appointment. Brrr...this cold weather riding has been hard to get used to. I miss the palm trees and beaches of LA. Might have to pack it up and head south to FL. :)

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Is your belly pan the European OEM pan from Kawasaki? I can't tell from your avatar. The Kawasaki OEM Euro one I've seen is longer and more pointy than my US OEM belly pan.
The name is power bronze it's not the factory one. Very easy to install,Black or carbon only.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The name is power bronze it's not the factory one. Very easy to install,Black or carbon only.
Ah...I know Powerbronze well. My carbon fiber side panels are from them as is my rear hugger. Thanks for the info. I really like the OEM Euro Kawasaki belly pan though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts