Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and a fairly new rider so please bare with me :) I guess the title says it all. I have a 2011 Z1000 with about 7000kms. I've seen wheels spin when you rev the engine but mine spins pretty fast even at idle. It probably spins at approx 5-8kms. Is that normal?

·
Registered
555 Posts
transfers a bee's dick worth of power.

Now that's a good one!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Normal, even for a Kawasaki. If you don't have a minimum 1/16" free play in your clutch lever (preferably 3/32") it's too tight and the clutch is probably ever so slightly engaged.

What the others speak of when cold is called "inertial drag." The thicker, cooler oil clings to parts and the friction causes the clutch to drag.

Even when hot, inertial drag is present. To prove my point, when at a complete stop, from nuetral, click into first gear. That "clunk" you hear is inertial drag in the clutch, applying a load on the gearsets while you are trying to shift.

Nevertheless, keep that clutch adjusted properly.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Normal.

Cold oil. Should calm down a bit when it's warm.

Wet clutch essentially works like a really crappy torque converter in neutral. The oil spins around and transfers a bee's dick worth of power.
Bee's dick:confused:...bee's have a dick??:lol:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What if one bee was blessed more than another...... Does this throw off the unit of measure?

·
Registered
261 Posts
What if one bee was blessed more than another...... Does this throw off the unit of measure?
always a smart-*** in the crowd:lol:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I do what I can. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts