Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have had one to many when mounting my front wheel, but I put the wheel on the wrong way and ran the tire for about 600 miles in the wrong direction, 140 miles on mountain roads riding aggressive. Well I just flipped it back after I noticed.

Question is: will it hurt the tire Now that I flipped it back into the right direction?

Btw, the tires are Michelin Pilot Road 2

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Michelin makes that tread pattern just so you will F the whole thing up..... I have the same tires.

I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My continental front tire was installed incorrectly. I have decided to leave it. Has been that way for about 700 miles with not adverse effects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine with it flipped the correct way not. As for leaving it the wrong way, it will have adverse effects the first time it rains. Your front tire needs to be rotating the correct direction, other wise they would not make them directional (dur). But, in the rain for instance, your front tire sheds a specific amount of water and pushes it out of the way so that the rear tire can come through and make contact with the ground, instead of just riding over more water. With your tire going the wrong way that will not be the case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well she's spinning the right way now. There's just an edges taken Off the tread and I was wondering if it mattered. It all looks good now, so I'll just ride it till something feels funny

·
Registered
155 Posts
Uni-directional is because of the tread, that's all. The only negative effect is if you try to ride in the rain on it. Flip it over, it'll be fine. Or don't. Your choice. :)

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts