Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a radiator guard. I am looking for a great brand, like R&G, but here in my country, not so much of these brands. We have tons of cheap ones made from China.I have no choice but to buy this one.
It fit almost perfectly. And it would guard my radiator from those sharp stones or rocks that have punctured some of my radiators in my previuos bikes. Roads here are not that smooth and as clean in the Western/European countries.

Nonetheless, a perfect guard for a radiator of a perfect beast!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That part I understand, what I find remarkable is riding such a powerful bike in such an environment ie; for me I would get a fast dual sport bike like a 500cc.

Not a road tearing beast like a Z1000!

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I grew up in NZ but worked in the 3rd & 4th World for 32 years, its always exciting when you come round a corner, over a hill at speed & you almost run into 18th Century transportation, animals on the road or people parked in the middle of the road having a conversation with someone who was going in the opposite direction...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
What I mean to confer is that you have big balls riding a Z1000 at speed in such unpredictable road conditions.

I always marvel at those videos of Indians on Z1000's blasting along & then dealing with all manner of hazards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always marvel at those videos of Indians on Z1000's blasting along & then dealing with all manner of hazards.
Yea! I've heard stories from an Indian fella' I used to work with and he told me that you're really at the mercy of the other drivers there especially in over populated cities. Apparently, size does matter! Especially when it comes down to who has the right of way.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That radiator guard isn't any less quality than what we have in the States - personally I never ever thought about such a device but it is probably smart.

Has anyone here, in the USA, or any bike, had a radiator damaged?

It took 6-9 weeks for Kawasaki to get me a stator ing from just two main locations.over & gear lever & this was at the start of Covid, God knows how long it would take to get one now.

It seems Kawasaki USA closed down many of their satellite warehouses & are working now from just two locations if not one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I mean to confer is that you have big balls riding a Z1000 at speed in such unpredictable road conditions.

Hi Doc!

Yes it is! One has to be brave to run bigbikes here at my place, with lots of hazards and crossing people and animals on any part of the street. But still, once a rider is on the road, the thrill and excitement of feeling the breeze and nature's caress come into feel the senses. Even though, a thought always come to mind that it is not safe riding on this road conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts