Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2003 z1000 its got a PCIII, airbox mod,and the guy I bought the bike from gutted the stock pipes and removed the cats and put in a custom map. The bike goes pretty decent and I am happy with it, however I have been looking at some slip on's seeing as how I can't find a full exhaust for my year model anymore. So here are my questions.

1. Will slips on's make a noticeable difference vs these gutted ones besides weight? (also bike is so damn loud (which is cool but...) I have ringing in my ears after an hour in the saddle)

2. With current mod's pc3 and airbox mod and exhaust mods would a k&n help out in any noticable way?

3. Looking at replacing the stock brake and clutch levers with some shorter anodized levers Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories does anyone have any input on these as far as quality. I went to the local bike shop and the prices for some parts like levers and such is insane.

Also I am getting about 34-36mpg (can't seem to not jump the throttle:dontknow:) I've seen thats what some people are reporting however, some of the threads I've read have some guys catching low 40's with a full exhaust? Is this just rounding off to the next nearest tenth LOL? Thanks so much for your guys input. :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The mileage is just a result of how rich a fuel map you run, and how throttle heavy you are. I have pulled off 42 mpg on a completely stock Z1K, but I average 37 with all my mods. Here lately I have been getting 33-35 since I have been running the snot out of her. I think at this point Slip-ons would be a waste of moneyif you are looking for a power increase, but the K&N would help a little.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kawman, I was kinda thinking the same thing with the exhausts. I notice the MPG drops pretty hard around 80-90mph sustained riding. After dumping 100dollars per full up on my truck I have no issue putting 12bucks of premium in it every 110miles lol. I think the K&N is the next upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts