Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fitted one of these, have just fitted it to my gen 2 (got fed up with the buffeting) and although it is a bit taller, it has made no difference at all from the stock screen, what a waste of money, although I do think it looks better, but pretty useless apart from looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sorry... Looks awful. Any naked with huge flyscreens for that fact...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used to have the puig touring screen on my 2007 Z. That thdid help deflect the wind, but you still be getiing a healthy dose of proteins, if you dont keep your visor closed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry... Looks awful. Any naked with huge flyscreens for that fact...

It's not " huge" comfy, it's a racing screen, not a touring screen, 80 mm taller than stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have the puig touring screen on my 2007 Z. That thdid help deflect the wind, but you still be getiing a healthy dose of proteins, if you dont keep your visor closed

Yes thanks invitro, think I should have opted for the touring screen instead of the racing screen, I might try and adapt it ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up a used Puig screen for not much money and I've been twazzing about with it on for a couple of days.
1. Yes it does make a difference,not so much wind blast from 90mph on.

2. However,the wind noise is greatly amplified,even with earplugs it's quite annoying for any great length of time.

3. My inner jury is out on the looks,I sort of like the way the stock bike looks,so I'll live with it for a while and see if it lasts.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nope - so not for me....tried to keep the "sticky outy" bits to the absolute bear minimum on mine....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what to do now, not keen on the stock screen or this Puig racing screen, but Every 4 months I do a 300 mile journey, overnight stay and 300 miles back, so am looking for something for 600 miles of motorway 3 times a year, may try one of those visor things?

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I fitted this & it contributed to what the Schuberth Helmet Head Office referred to as "Dirty Air ..."

But it looks better than stock.

20200221_224133_resized_2(1).jpg
20200223_101408_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nope - so not for me....tried to keep the "sticky outy" bits to the absolute bear minimum on mine....
same here, not a fan of windscreens on naked bikes. I grew up on enduro's and supermoto's so having a completely open cockpit with nothing in front of me just feels normal. I recently rode my buddy's H2-SX and with all that plastic and screen in front of you it felt like I was riding a JetSki, not a motorcycle. I'm sure for long journeys it's lovely and less fatiguing.

I agree wind noise being an issue, especially past 80mph, but there are ways to cure that with ear plugs and decent helmet. However, coming out of a full tuck at 150mph into the braking zone and getting blasted in the chest by 150mph winds feels amazing to me. :love:

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's never bothered me personally (wind blast).... Out on the zed yesterday for over 6 hours with a one hour break for food...

·
Registered
237 Posts
My Gen1 Puig (I have "Hate" for Alberto Puig) touring screen moves the air from my chest to my helmet, just where I'm used to it at.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Gen1 Puig (I have "Hate" for Alberto Puig) touring screen moves the air from my chest to my helmet, just where I'm used to it at.
Yes, I think I should have gone for the touring screen, instead of the racing screen, 80mm higher than stock is not enough noise is no problem but dont like head blasts, cheers Jimz

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always had a puig touring , on both my 2007 Z's and my 2015 Z. My neck muscles have been trained very well th last 7 years.

Exactly aftrr 5 years I removed the puig screen off of my 2015Z. It s not ugly , but it looks way better without.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
On a Schuberth C3 PRO Helmet, the head buffetting after 70mph is annoying.

The Schuberth guy did recommend a C4 Touring helmet instead but I had never owned a motorcycle with the ability to go 0-70mph before ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On a Schuberth C3 PRO Helmet, the head buffetting after 70mph is annoying.

The Schuberth guy did recommend a C4 Touring helmet instead but I had never owned a motorcycle with the ability to go 0-70mph before ...
I also have the C3 Doc, and I also get buffeting above 70mph to the extent that the old neck muscles ache after an hour on the motorway. (At legal speed limits of course)
I have found a smoked screen that I removed from my FJR1300, I am gonna cut it down (a lot) to see if I can make something, just for those long motorway journeys, and go back to stock screen when just out for fun.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Do you have the C3 Pro or the C3 that Schuberth made for Cyclegear?

The latter is junk.

The former an excellent helmet.

I just didn't realize I was going to be going so fast, all the time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts