Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best prices I've found for the south east part of Florida for a 2010 Z1000 OTD is $10300,and for a 2011, $11300 :dontknow:....in NYC there asking $9400 OTD for a 2011:eek:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
wow thats crazy to be that much cheaper in nyc. maybe they take pity on u in nyc because ur riding season is so much shorter there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thats crazy to be that much cheaper in nyc. maybe they take pity on u in nyc because ur riding season is so much shorter there.
That is true,but it's not pity,when the season is over,they have to get rid of there "New Overstock",and they sell there vehicles for there cost,some bike's are $3000 or more under MSRP,and to move them fast (and if you know the owner/sales mgr.)there are NO additional fee's....just Tax:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want a new bike next year (got to pay off SUV) so I have been debating on a street triple, Z1, and speed triple. I talked to someone with a 2012 Street Triple R and the price scares me for a 675! I think he said $11500 otd (taxes, fees ect)with fly screen, belly pan, and seat cowel. I now have a 03 speed and used to own a 03 Z1. That seems like alot since a left over Z can be had for alot less without having to purchase a fly screen. I still want to demo a Z and a street.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want a new bike next year (got to pay off SUV) so I have been debating on a street triple, Z1, and speed triple. I talked to someone with a 2012 Street Triple R and the price scares me for a 675! I think he said $11500 otd (taxes, fees ect)with fly screen, belly pan, and seat cowel. I now have a 03 speed and used to own a 03 Z1. That seems like alot since a left over Z can be had for alot less without having to purchase a fly screen. I still want to demo a Z and a street.
Stygz,be wary about those Triumph's...some are made in Indonesia,I was told that if they have a "J" in the middle of the Vin#,it was made in Indonesia.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i really like the look of the speed triple & i think the suspension is a little better but the z has more hp. only thing that scares me about the triple is maintenance & parts prices. its all in what u want. good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The suspension is about the same for the forks but the rear shock has better adjustability on the speed. I have had good luck with my speed so far. Part availability seems to be an issue with engine parts. The speed has had stator issues and the street has some issue with regulators not sure on what years though. Part prices are simular as kawi. I used to be a parts manager with a kaw, suz, polaris, arctic cat dealer for 5 years. Kawasaki has always been a good company to the dealers and customers. I may look for a 2010 or 2011 let over. I may ride to the Kawi dealer in my area and see what they have. I have not heard about some being made in Indonesia. Possibly some models for spain, I think they get some different lower powered models.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found a dealer here in GA that will sell a 2011 for 9284 plus tax. This is brand new with no test miles and no fees except tax and $18 for registration. It is the green one. What do you think? I may make a trip on Tuesday. It would be eligable for the 1.95% financing.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
sounds like a good deal. if its in the budget do it

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
where in georgia? been seriously considering a new z. green is the color i want 2 lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like a great price, go for it :thumbsup:

I went to a dealer today and he told me $10,599 Then there would be other costs. I kind of laughed at him when he said that :lol: Then he could not tell me if the only one they had was a 2011 or 2010 :screwy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts