Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into purchasing a PC before an exhaust. Does anyone currently or has run a PC on a stock mapping, just curious if it is benificial or if i should just wait to install it with a new exhaust. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
With a nice adjustment, you can see better fuel economy but in my opinion, you just put a PC when change all the exhaust system.
V

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
yea i got my pc3 b4 i got my exhaust. i run the stock bike setting & it was a definate improvement

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you have a change in fuel economy? I would expect a drop due to the increased fuel, but interested if its enough to even notice.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Did you have a change in fuel economy? I would expect a drop due to the increased fuel, but interested if its enough to even notice.
completely stock bike-42mpg. after pc3-44mpg. after my other mods-38mpg. of course everybodies will be different due to location, riding styles & how wrist heavy they r. if i took it easy i could probably get 40mpg

·
Registered
875 Posts
i run the canned map on my PCv 2010 z. it ran better but milage went in the toilet. called fuelmoto they sent me another map not much better. finally went back to factory map. when i put on my full muzzy race pipe used their map and the bike ran good but milage was abysmal. finally got it tuned and the whole map except for 2 small places was way rich. the hp and torqu peaks were 1hp and 1 lbft above the stock reading on the same dyno with the same operator on similar weather days. after tune gaines 13 to 15 hp across the whole range. he couldn't get the 2 dips out. figured it was the pipe. gas milage increased back up to over 40 when ridden easy. (with my uncle on his cruiser). bike performed better at all rpms. second gear wheelies were the norm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jrick- sounds like its worth it with a full exhaust system but do you think it would be worth it with a slip-on?

Im looking at the Vance and Hines urban brawlers

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul! Biker Boyz, always liked that saying.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ran my juice box about a month on stock bike waitin for my Brawlers. TBR sets the box with a stock map and a slip-on map from the factory. The stock tune did well for the better on off throttle throttle situation.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
it takes out a flat spot in your acceleration.... IMO, worth every penny!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Keeping on topic, I have slip ons on a 2011 Z. I get a "just barely on the throttle" exhaust flutter, I presume is just louder now thanks to lessened noise reduction.

Is that something done away with using a PC?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
a properly tuned PC is better than a stock Map, a PC with a wrong Map is worse than no PC. a lot of folks here have had maping problems with a PC. just saying. the only problem with a stock Map is down low it is lean for emission reasons. plenty rich at full throttle. my 2004 has a full muzzy and no PC. i put the Muzzy on 8,000 miles ago. would my bike run even better with a good map and a PC. yes. without a dyno pull and a A/F ratio test you might do more harm than good. i would neve do a PC without a full dyno tune.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Keeping on topic, I have slip ons on a 2011 Z. I get a "just barely on the throttle" exhaust flutter, I presume is just louder now thanks to lessened noise reduction.

what do u mean by exhaust flutter?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
pc probably wont change that. riders discount has the pc5 & autotune for $470. shipped. pretty pricey but cheaper than anywhere else. if i had a 3rd gen. z thats what i would get. no messing with maps. will tune itself while u ride for best horsepower & air fuel ratios.

·
Registered
366 Posts

FCE-003 (fuel cut eliminator)
Prevents the ECU from shutting off injectors during closed throttle decelleration.
Prevents the rough and jerky throttle response upon re-application from closed throttle, above 3600 rpm.

THIS! I found my answer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can anybody tell me if the PCV for the 2010/2012 Z1000 comes with an 02 circuit clip with the unit/package for eliminating the stock 02 sensor or do you have to get this separate.

Cheers Kawazed.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
im pretty sure u have to get it seperate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts