Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i dont mind the snow.. its when -25 -30 and below.. i wish i had a snowmobile to work on.. next time when i get another bigger house with garage..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Timbersled has a great kit that you put on dirtbikes. guys that have been riding sleds their whole life have been gravitating towards them, they will let you go places you can't get to on a sled. These are my buddies in montana, one bike and one sled. then a few of my sled.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Screw that.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Where's the bike? And how is that guy floating on the snow? Id rather figure it out on wheels that any sort of semi-snowmobile conversion. Isn't that what snowmobiles are for?

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
The conversions look really fun in the videos I've seen but they weren't in snow that deep. I've never seen snow more than about 18" deep before other than drifts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wish we had snow like that here! 2 feet is really all we get here but everyone seems to have mountain sleds haha. Anything over a 144" track is overkill in my opinion here. Ive got to head that way one winter! I am heading to Montana later this summer on the Z for a family bike trip though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
snowmobiles are great but think of it like dirtbike vs atv. the dirtbike can take off through the woods a lot easier then an atv right? personally I will keep my sled for now anyway. that was cooke city, montana in late december. In the pic the bike was settled down but not stuck, it gets up and floats when its moving along at a good clip.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
92k1500 When I was young loved the big snow. But I don't care to see that much anymore. Make me bones hurt just looking at it. I'm always hoping it goes north when a storms blowing by us. Must be why you get those big snows!>:) 2trax4me. If that snow was a nice sloppy wet snow they no go! And I'm always working on my bikes and praying for a mild winter like we had this year!:kiss::grin::grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I'm the same way JYD. We usually get a little but this winter was mild enough I could drive my lowered 350Z in it all year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am currently doing a research on how to build a flat response guitar cabinet with volume output level variation option to build one out of my old unused Philips 5.1 computer speakers. If I would be able to, I would love to build one without using any wood for housing purposes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice project, recently i started working on my old project that has been sitting in the garage for a while, an old shirocco mk2.. didn't have enough time to work on it any time sooner. I started with the steering wheel, sent it off here - to some guys and am waiting for them to come back to me.. will post before and after when it's there.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts