Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other projects do you have going on? Building BBQ? Pool? Garage? Landscaping?

I'm working on restoring my mom's first truck. Going 5.3/4l60e swap and painting it blue. Lots of rust and a lot of work so far.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That was at the old ranch. Moved it to its new home where I can begin the hard work.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
93 4x4 F150 that got a fresh built 5.0 HO dropped in it to replace the 200k mile 5.0 with speed density.

Been on it for a few years now and almost have it finished. It has mostly just sat and been forgotten.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
93 4x4 F150 that got a fresh built 5.0 HO dropped in it to replace the 200k mile 5.0 with speed density.

Been on it for a few years now and almost have it finished. It has mostly just sat and been forgotten.
Next we are going that route on my bronco right 92k?! lol thats how i would like it to go. Just don't have the funds or technical/ mechanical support available unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
It was more trouble than it is worth. If I had to do it again I would build a 351 or a turbo setup and use a stand alone fuel injection system instead of trying to convert it to the newer version of the OEM stuff. More power and more simple.

I just like the sound of a high revving small displacement V8 so that's what I went for. Plus the truck came with a 5.0 so I wanted to keep it that way since it used to belong to my uncle before he passed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right now im working on a motor swap in my audi tt. The timing belt let go and the head and valves took a beating. I bought a second tt that had a ton of extra parts but the body was junk. It will make a good donor car.

After the Audi is back to going i will be finishing my Ford Festiva track build. As of now i have the suspension, brakes, steering, wheels, and motor done. I am just waiting to have th garage and time to do the motor swap. The car will be a 1.6L garret gt2554r water meth injection track/daily car. I am pulling the interior dash and all and making a very raw but tasteful race inspired interior. It will be a flat plain aluminum dash. Bluetooth radio hidden behind the dash. All you will see is the gauges and switches. Racing seats with harness. Trunk mount water meth kit. End goal is 250hp 1600 pounds. It will have a hitch and the motor/ trans combo can easily pull a couple sport bikes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
89 grand marquis (ever evolving maintenance ) and getting ready to put a new engine in my 67 Chevrolet c10 short stepside. Maybe soon get the 5.0 and t5 combo back in my 88 t-bird turbo coupe.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It was more trouble than it is worth. If I had to do it again I would build a 351 or a turbo setup and use a stand alone fuel injection system instead of trying to convert it to the newer version of the OEM stuff. More power and more simple.

I just like the sound of a high revving small displacement V8 so that's what I went for. Plus the truck came with a 5.0 so I wanted to keep it that way since it used to belong to my uncle before he passed.

I thought that might be the case. I want to stroke my 302 to get some more low end and figure out the fuel management. That's the most confusing part for me.... Don't want to do a 351 either for the same reasons as you. Although a Cleveland would be SWEEEEET! So would a 460 or 7.3 swap too though.....

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
The bad thing is we are building trucks and they need the bigger engines for the torque. I would love a 331 but it's better suited in a mustang.

There are a few stand alone fuel injection systems out there that will work fairly easy. My buddy was showing me what he was going to put on his 454SS but I don't remember what brand it was.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
A project that was destined to be someone else's. Was right there knocking on the door of finished. Was about ready for tear down and final fitment. Life can throw some scary **** at you! :serious: But it was bought and finished so move on.:wink::grin: All 96 Vette narrowed IRS. I think she would have cornered well! For a 55 shoe box.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
A project that was destined to be someone else's. Was right there knocking on the door of finished. Was about ready for tear down and final fitment. Life can throw some scary **** at you! :serious: But it was bought and finished so move on.:wink::grin: All 96 Vette narrowed IRS. I think she would have cornered well! For a 55 shoe box.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
If my bronco ever looks that clean, I died.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I try to keep busy with sleds in the off season. suppresses the need to ride bikes for a few months!

the old 82 ss440 haha

the never finished sxr

Nothing stays stock that i own somehow haha

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I try to keep busy with sleds in the off season. suppresses the need to ride bikes for a few months!

the old 82 ss440 haha

the never finished sxr

Nothing stays stock that i own somehow haha

That thing looks sweet! I'd like to try that one out for my first snow mobile ride!

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I've never even seen a snowmobile in person.

Reactions: cooldudesmd

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
lol, what? i don't know what is wrong with canadians.. they trade and buy bike to sled and sled to bike every year..

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Well, you see.... You have to get snow before you'd need a snowmobile. Last winter we got maybe 3" of snow total the whole winter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts