Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Post Your BEST 1/8th and 1/4 mile Times!

59K views 162 replies 38 participants last post by  Snowfreak566 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see if we can get a decent log going if there isn't one already...Like it says post up your 1/8 and 1/4 mile times, reaction times, 60ft any info to build on this log! Even mods would be great as well. Thanks guys

#2 ·
2007 Z1000 Full Arkapovic PC 3 K&N filter,Air box mod, second butterflys gone. Stock gearing. 1/8 Mile 7.00 104 mph 1/4 10.90 126 mph 60ft 1.86 Reaction time pro tree 1.20 Bracket Tree 5.60 This is real time not corrected. Bike weighs 456lb half tank of gas, I weigh 185lb plus riding gear 20lb total weight 661lb :2cents: NEXT

#5 ·
I NOW know why I SMILE so much when I give it that BIG twist of the wrist!

#4 ·
2003 z1000

Hi guys,brand new to the site here. I have a 2003 with bolt on extensions,Muzzy headpipe and GSXR 1000 muffler,stock map,stock gearing,airbox mod,Shinko 003 tires.I am pretty light at 145lbs nekked.Best e.t's have been 10.61/10.64. Trap speed is usually 124/125 mph.Only one weekend it ran 128's. 60' are typically 1.64, best was last weekend with a 1.59.I have now removed 1 rotor/caliper from the front.I will be putting my PC3 and K&N filter in this week.I am really anxious to see if it improves any.Jim

#47 ·
Hi guys,brand new to the site here. I have a 2003 with bolt on extensions,Muzzy headpipe and GSXR 1000 muffler,stock map,stock gearing,airbox mod,Shinko 003 tires.I am pretty light at 145lbs nekked.Best e.t's have been 10.61/10.64. Trap speed is usually 124/125 mph.Only one weekend it ran 128's. 60' are typically 1.64, best was last weekend with a 1.59.I have now removed 1 rotor/caliper from the front.I will be putting my PC3 and K&N filter in this week.I am really anxious to see if it improves any.Jim
why do people that drag race their bikes remove one caliper & rotor from the front? personally i would want all the brakes i could get to slow down from a run

#11 ·
I hope to take mine out to the 1/4 mile Saturday....Almost 100% positive

Im gonna give her an easy 5 passes..Check for wobble/launch/braking etc....Also I need a valve adjustment...So mild runs planned...

This strip Ive raced at is extremely sticky...Bike depending usually 4 grand drops or they stall....Im hoping for a 11.2 for my first z1000 attempt.....
Should be mid 70'z out but a weeks worth of rain prior...So the track is gonna be green and quicker on every pass....

f1rocco..

#13 ·
Really nice videos,that is a pretty neat old track.Where is it,what is the name of it?? I am guessing stock wheelbase and not lowered at all?? You can still come out alot hotter out of the hole.Never roll thru the water box with the front tire[2nd video].It doesn' take much to lock the front wheel and end up on your head.Thanks for sharing.

#14 ·
On a stock Z1000 at what rpm do you launch without going over backwards?

#15 ·
jimroid:
411 Dragway in Seymour TN. Yes it's stock wheel base, not lowered any. I am not a drag racer at all. lol I am a knee dragger. I will put up a pic on the bottom of this post. This is the first time since last june that I put it on the strip. As you can tell with the wet box issue. lol But when I did i didn't go through the water. that's why I backed into it. But I learned that I really didn't have to burn my tires up. I was getting just as good a launch without doing it.

underdog:
I can't really rember what RPM i was launching at last year when it was stock. But you shouldn't have to worry about looping it if you have good clutch control. Don't just dump it slip the clutch just a bit for a split second. And if the front end comes up a bit too high you have the clutch and or rear brake to bring it back down.

#16 ·
Cool, so it is like always. Give it as much juice as you dare and get ready!
I wished we would have run into each other during the 5 years I lived in Knoxville. Maybe nest trip out to visit the relitives we can get together and chat. I'll probably have a rental car since they closed the bike dealer that rented bikes but what the heck we can shoot a game of pool or two. :eek:ccasion:

Unless you know of a bike rental place??? I just don't think my bumm would make it all the way at my age I'd have to stop, a lot. Besides, I-15 to I-40 all the way Knoxville is boring and straight as an arrow for 2200 miles! I've done it 4 times by myself in a car and it sucks after the second time.

#18 ·
Sweet! I'll definately be looking you up next trip out. Maybe you can show me how to drag that knee like you do on the dragon!

#19 ·
I said I was gonna drag race earlier in a previous post....Its coming just bought two new helmets and gloves...And have 1 issue with the bike still.....Ill do it might be 1/8 mile 6/11/11 though....I like the quarter better....

I also posted to make myself do it soon....LOL

F1rocco

#21 ·
I also posted to make myself do it soon....LOL

F1rocco
This Sunday...1/4 mile first run for the 03z....30% chance of rain...10 friends and other riders showiing..Bike and myself 100% ready...

But dang it....My weight is gonna kill me...230 with work clothes n steel toe....I think with Wheelie bars and a 150 rider shes a 9.99 in the quarter...With me and bars...10.8...Without bars 11.56.....With current mods and what my hands and feet fell while riding Im thinking....

#20 ·
9 passes yesterday in the heat,100 ambient,109 in the staging lanes! 10.60 to 10.77. 125.5 to 127.95 mph [103.66 in the 1/8] 1.61 to 1.68 sixty foot. First round of eliminations I dialed in a 10.74 and ran a 10.741:) and got beat on the tree with a .014 difference at the stripe.Oh well, thats bracket racing.

#24 ·
OK I did it ran my 1st 1/4 mile on my new 03z

Numbers are not close to others that have posted....Maybe its my phataz...Maybe its my 1 down front sprocket.....But with my PC3 and mods and how this beast runs from street driving to the track....Well I expected better times...

60' = 2.198
330= 5.347
1/8= 7.846
mph= 98.94
1000=10.007
1/4= 11.8
mph= 121

Seems to me Im losing the half second at the 60 foot....The track was a fresh rain out and barely any rubber....But still I gotta think my best is never gonna be faster then a 11.4....Is it the one down front sprocket...And/Or my phataz combined..230lbs dressed......

My bike and my >weight phatazz didnt do as I expected...11.8 was my best and my bike lifted through the powerband in 1st and 2nd....So balls were not an issue....I stopped after my 3rd run...Bike went up off the line...Again halfway through 1st again halfway through 2nd...THEN...The death wobble..I kept on it but it got worse so I had to let off quick to half throttle and back on...I only lost .3 on that run.....Not bad.

After that I decided I needed to get a check working this week and no trailer to take my bike home so I will quit while I was ahead...Didnt run anymore

#26 ·
The bike is fast as schitsh...

But maybe the green track and no rubber and me not sling shooting the line.Maybe..But I have to think the first gear being one down is close to instant usefullness and maxed rpm by 60 foot...

I tried second gear from neutral at the line and she didnt want to go in..Notta chance....Maybe even a safety design...I banged in 1st and rocked it to a close death wobble crash at 100+mph...

Id love to see video but my guess is shifting into second at 60 foot and way pass the 1 under sprockets rpm bennies...

Second gear launch at 4k rpmz would do the trick....Maybe 1 up in the rear.Get more out of 5th..I redline 3rd or forth almost every run...But the bike is past dynoed at 142/67....I ride good....Bike maxed...Still says Im a perfect 11.3 balls out on a seasoned 40 year old over weight smoker on a modded 03z.....

#27 ·
Thanks for posting this stuff, I find it real interesting to read. Are the 2nd gen bikes really so most slower then the 1st and 3rd? What do you see out at the tracks? Or are there so many modded 1st and no modded 2nds running?

#28 ·
A Z750 was running there...Same look as our bikes...

He came up to me and started chatting...He is a stunter and sick in the head....His z750 was running a 12.2 or high 12.1z...He was telling me the bikes are close to the same but sleeved to a 750cc....

SOME HAVE ASKED OTHERS HAVE WONDERED...WITHOUT LOOKING I LAUNCHED AT 3800 RPMZ PURE DROPPED CLUTCH...

Which isnt the best at all the way people slip the clutch and launch and go seems way better....Im old school and old bikes and its always worked pretty good...But seems these new bikes it takes more time when dropping the clutch...Having the bike lift its tire hit the ground and almost a dead stop and power back on........

I cant do it yet but...

Launch and slip the clutch and then release complete..More like a two part process in less then 1 second....Probably a >1/2 second improvement/difference at 60 foot....Versus a 3800rpm drop clutch launch and bog and go start.....

#30 ·
This guy here I think has the key....

My vids of my run were with a $60 camera..Embarrassing with a 1kcc bike....Front end up a 12-18" and down instantly almost a dead stop at maybe a sluggish 3500-3800 rpmz launch....If one were to launch at 45-5k rpmz and body on the tank and bars to keep the front somewhat down...

Well I think this guy is right...Maybe even a perfect call.....

I had a buddy with a busa that day couldnt launch without spinning and smoking the tire...And I was thinking boy I wish I had a tad tire spin to bust out of the hole...

5k pure clutch drop might be the number on a real track...Id put my helmet on the windscreen for the first run to be ready...

But this guy is right for my style of launching...

Thanks....Maybe in a couple weeks Ill try...Currently my clutch cable snapped and no bike for a week......Fuggin Yuk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.