Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see any general discussion/BS threads so I am starting one.

I don't wanna have to jack someone elses thread.

The weather was beautiful today. I think it got up to 62 degrees so I got the bike and the car out for some fun.

Ignore how dirty it is and the bits of rubber on the bottom of the mud guard.

And I took the bike down to mexico so there aren't speed limits. Dash said 125mph and gps says 117mph. :(

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not my fault you live in a dumpster where the weather sucks. :)

Maybe this thread will bring a little life to this forum. But I can see it having the usual 5 people posting in it.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a feeling I'm going to be the main person posting in here....

·
Registered
140 Posts
While us zedders from the north are fuming with jealousy ... You can post all you want .. The thread is all yours for the next few months ... Grrrrr

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why don't I see mud on that yeep?

More beautiful weather today. Put in 3 hours on the bike. Loving the new seat.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I stopped for gas and a potty break I heard a diesel engine running like complete hell and the guy kept trying to rev it up. It was hating life bad. I filled the bike, pulled up in front of the gas station, went in to potty, came out and texted a few people and he was still at it.

Notice anything wrong in this pic?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why don't I see mud on that yeep?

More beautiful weather today. Put in 3 hours on the bike. Loving the new seat.

Nice ... You gotta de badge it .. Will look better IMHO...

No mud yet ... Gotta upgrade the tires and lift before I take it real off-road .. Depends on my bonus this year :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been off roading in a bone stock 2wd F150 with street tires. Don't give me that crap...

And I like the bike just how it is. I don't wanna pull the stickers off.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Finally got out for a ride after the massive bushfires we had in my riding play ground. It was the first ride too for my missus with the new Matris rear shock. She was surprised how well the bike feels and didn't get 1 jar up her spine so awesome news. Here's some pics from when we stopped
20150118_144500.jpg 20150118_144538.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So whats wrong in the pic?
There is a bank truck with a diesel engine in it sitting at a gasoline pump.

It was running like hell and he kept trying to rev it and it was cutting out bad. He was there when I got there, I filled up the bike, rode it up to the building, went in to go potty, came back out and checked my phone/made a few texts, took the pic, posted it on facebook and left. He was still there doing the same thing when I left.

Finally got out for a ride after the massive bushfires we had in my riding play ground. It was the first ride too for my missus with the new Matris rear shock. She was surprised how well the bike feels and didn't get 1 jar up her spine so awesome news. Here's some pics from when we stopped
View attachment 64353 View attachment 64361
Hell yeah! I'm not the only person that goes off roading on the bike.

Pics of the wife? (You had to know that was coming.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didn't see any general discussion/BS threads so I am starting one.

I don't wanna have to jack someone elses thread.

The weather was beautiful today. I think it got up to 62 degrees so I got the bike and the car out for some fun.

Ignore how dirty it is and the bits of rubber on the bottom of the mud guard.

And I took the bike down to mexico so there aren't speed limits. Dash said 125mph and gps says 117mph. :(

I find it awesome that your have a Z car and a Z bike, haha. Those Z cars are really nice. Thought long and hard about getting a Z370, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the dollars for one. No speed limit in Mexico, huh? Wow, I wonder what the accident ratio is due to speeding compared to the states.....lol, google just turned up a bunch of speeding accident videos from Mexico. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I don't know about Mexico. Never been there. It's just a joke on the ZX forums. That way we aren't self incriminating by posting triple digs. We did it "in Mexico" so we can't get a ticket.

I love my Z's. I've had the tree fitty since 08. It is a 2004 and I bought it with 55k miles on it. It's been a damn good car and it now has 116k miles. Sure it doesn't have any room for BS in it but that's good. I never clutter it with garbage like other people do. And people never ask me to drive since I can't carry more than 1 person.

win/win

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only bad thing is I have a leak in one of my rear tires. Been on the road for 11 years and this is the first time I've picked something up. I can't complain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my Z in November, just in time to get a couple of runs in before the winter weather arrived. The bike is now sitting in the garage and I can't wait for some good weather to arrive but still a long way off.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new bike. Don't be a fair weather rider though. That's for old people on harleys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Makes sense now. LOL

There is a bank truck with a diesel engine in it sitting at a gasoline pump.

It was running like hell and he kept trying to rev it and it was cutting out bad. He was there when I got there, I filled up the bike, rode it up to the building, went in to go potty, came back out and checked my phone/made a few texts, took the pic, posted it on facebook and left. He was still there doing the same thing when I left.

Hell yeah! I'm not the only person that goes off roading on the bike.

Pics of the wife? (You had to know that was coming.)

1 - 20 of 2115 Posts