Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Pics of the last time you rode your Z

36K views 521 replies 36 participants last post by  Leesz1000r 
#1 ·
I'm in Northern Ireland,so during the Winter months I avoid the salty roads with zero grip,but there are little windows of opportunity when rain has washed the salt off the road and I can escape the boredom of Covid lockdown just for a short time!

All you lot in warmer countries feel free to post up pics of your last ride out and make me jealous!

See less See more
#2 ·
Rode mine yesterday! Today i dont really call it ride. Only went out for fissh and chips on the bike. 5 minute ride[emoji23].

Been in NI once, stayed in belfast.mostly drove around on our bikes in Ireland. Ofc went to visit ballymoney. That week we have visited to ulster gp. Both lovely places and had great weather

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

#3 ·
Rode mine yesterday! Today i dont really call it ride. Only went out for fissh and chips on the bike. 5 minute ride[emoji23].

Been in NI once, stayed in belfast.mostly drove around on our bikes in Ireland. Ofc went to visit ballymoney. That week we have visited to ulster gp. Both lovely places and had great weather

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk
Getting good weather for the Ulster GP must mean you have the luck of the Irish Invitro,Dundrod sits in a natural reservoir! :D

The bike's looking great,that bellypan is smart.

#8 ·
Don't really have a recent picture, but I did get my shock back from the rebuilders. Went out for a quick ride on Angeles Crest Highway so that I can get a feel for the new spring and valving before I hit the track next weekend. Here's a small except for my 360 camera.

#16 ·
Fine.... Bit sore for a few weeks..... Sounds weird but it was the best possible outcome from potentially the worst possible accident.

Head on at about 30 mph. Front washed out as I hit the brakes. Front wheel slid under the car, crash protection took the hit on the right hand side protecting everything. Left hand side of the rad and rad panel was the crumple zone with the Left hand frame spar taking all of it. Her car was mostly plastic so the left hand side of her car was no more...

It spent 3 months on holiday at the accident repair place over the other side of the country where they just assessed it and wrote it off. I bought it back as salvage.

That's it stripped Down waiting for spares. I've got a build thread running on the UK forum - everything is either on order, getting recoated or waiting for stuff to be built (got some Nitron TVT Pro fork cartridges on order so itll be coming back in better condition than it was before.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#21 ·
From this past weekend at the race track. I'm still getting used to the new wheels, there is definitely a noticeable change. So far, the best I can describe it (at least under track conditions as I have not yet ridden it on the street), is that the bikes feels very much more "lively" and twitchy (not necessarily a negative). It now moves a lot more underneath you, which I'm kinda used to from my supermoto bike. It does turns in quicker for sure, but what I noticed the most is that now on corner exit when you give her the beans the front get light very easily, and you must have a light grip on the bars to avoid unsettling it. Perhaps some geometry changes are needed to put more weight over the front now. Regardless, I beat my best lap time since I last went by 1 full sec, though there is definitely more in there as I wasn't really pushing it as hard as last time since I was still getting to grips with the handling changes.

I'll probably take it up to the local mountain roads this weekend and see how it handles now on the streets. For sure it wheelies easier, though I'm no wheelie master..

#26 ·
I'll take a Disc of tonight and weigh it for you. The wheels: never weighed them. Obviously the tyres are back on but they're supercorsas so they won't last very long! So I'll weigh them then. The RSV: No its never seen a track (not in my ownership) - although the previous owner took it on track once or twice but that was 10 years ago. Having said that it doesnt get used that much, but when it does it gets used. Every year for the last 9 it goes to the TT and gets a full on week of "usage"!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#38 ·
..of course my high speed run was a long stretch of flat empty freeway.
maybe you could have taken that tuned gtr that ate my lunch earlier (had him on the on ramp then he walked away lol)
yEAH PROBABLY! My '14 Z was faster from 0-80 and this bike is the opposite. Once youre already doing freeway speeds this thing pulls like crazy. Cars are getting good these days but still it takes 100k to keep up with us lol.

#39 ·
Here's one from yesterday. Went out with my neighbor (Daytona 675r) to Angeles Crest Highway, the most famous mountain road in SoCal, or at least since The Snake at Mulholland's been closed. This is the Shell station at the bottom where everyone gathers and fuels up before going up to Newcomb's Ranch restaurant which is 35 miles of non-stop twisty roads up the mountain.