Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice ride brother 😎. what rear bag do you have? also, your in the philippines?
Yes, it was a nice sunny ride! I am from Angeles City, Philippines. I bought the rear bag from Lazada. It is an expandable bag which can carry a helmet. It is sort of a backpack and strap-on-seat bag.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Last time I took 'er out it was around the block and back in the garage. Steering is way heavy. Not a good feeling. Somethings up. Taking it in on the 12th to have it diagnosed. -prolly Covid haha!

That's been over a year ago.

It's been a long journey, long story, still in the fire but am getting stoked about riding the Zed again. No fire pun intended!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Last time I took 'er out it was around the block and back in the garage. Steering is way heavy. Not a good feeling. Somethings up. Taking it in on the 12th to have it diagnosed. -prolly Covid haha!

That's been over a year ago.

It's been a long journey, long story, still in the fire but am getting stoked about riding the Zed again. No fire pun intended!

View attachment 85873
If the steering is heavy, you need to regrease your steering head bearings. Not hard to do at all, looking at your picture you're already halfway there. Put a jack under your oil pan, remove the front stand, and you can remove your triple clamps to regrease your bearings. Mine were still in good condition (no pitting on the journal), but were very dry from the years of washing the bike, and the plastic bearing cap cover was broken. I cleaned the bearing with brake cleaner, pumped them pull of fresh grease and now they are super smooth. Only tool you will need is a steering stem / shock collar wrench and a manual to set the proper thrust / torque settings on the steering nut.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Tnx Ung. " regrease your steering head bearings. " Easy? The thought of removing the triple clamps has me a bit wide eyed. ! I'm old. But yeah, I can prolly do it. Anytime I do any work I obsess over torque settings... as in triple ck everything is right. -I'm no trained mechanic -monkey see/read ... :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
is that a 200? or stock 190 ...also, some go with 55 sides for better turn in. Had those on the Monster and it rode great in the canyons. Considering 55's on next set for the Zed. MP5's are great tires. and no, don't care so much about longevity. Running PP3's on the Zed but need a new front.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ironically coming back from Leez house this evening almost lost the front end on mine.... Round the big roundabout under the M4 at the top of the M32 - my favorite roundabout just come off the motorway so the tyres were warmed up, the pegs weren't even down and the front started to washout from under me (running supercorsa's at the moment) put my foot down as it started to tuck and managed to recover it.... Maybe time for a new set of tyres.... Although there's a little bit of tread on them - could have gone right over to a fresh bit of rubber maybe...

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ironically coming back from Leez house this evening almost lost the front end on mine.... Round the big roundabout under the M4 at the top of the M32 - my favorite roundabout just come off the motorway so the tyres were warmed up, the pegs weren't even down and the front started to washout from under me (running supercorsa's at the moment) put my foot down as it started to tuck and managed to recover it.... Maybe time for a new set of tyres.... Although there's a little bit of tread on them - could have gone right over to a fresh bit of rubber maybe...

glad the phoenix and you are okay. are you going to get the same model tire again?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nope... Going by my own ethos I'm gonna try something new... Either Bridgestone s22s or something dunloppy.!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
is that a 200? or stock 190 ...also, some go with 55 sides for better turn in. Had those on the Monster and it rode great in the canyons. Considering 55's on next set for the Zed. MP5's are great tires. and no, don't care so much about longevity. Running PP3's on the Zed but need a new front.
It's a 190. I'll maybe try the 55 next time around,I'm hearing quite a few enjoying it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·

Maybe just some cack on the road causing the reduced grip,usually tyres are the consistent bit,roads are more variable.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts