Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ungar, I wondering what tire pressure you use when going on a street ride like this. Same pressure you use for the track or do you increase it ?, .... to what ?
tire pressures really depends on the tire make/model and whether it's a soft carcass as with my current Michelins Power Cup2's or hard carcass like my previous Dunlop Q4's. On the Michelin's you run very low pressures on the track, 31 front and 22 rear. On the street I tend to usually run 33/33 on the same tire, otherwise I get accelerated tire wear. On the Dunlops however, you need to run 31 front and 30 rear, regardless if you're on track or street due to the stiff carcass. The aforementioned pressures are all cold pressures, and really intended for more spirited riding, not commuting. You get better mileage out of an overinflated tire but give up optimal grip.

Most tire manufacturer will tell you to run pressures as listed on the chain guard sticker, which is 36/42, though that's more of a legal thing than an actual ideal pressure. Obviously if you're carrying pillion or luggage, you should adhere to those recommendations.

·
Registered
510 Posts
wow Skub that is absolutely beautiful. a literal world away from what I see from my saddle. color me jelly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
wow Skub that is absolutely beautiful. a literal world away from what I see from my saddle. color me jelly.
Northern Ireland coastal scenery! Just outside Glenarm on the Antrim coast road,practically on my doorstep 2Wheels,it runs all the way from Larne up to Portrush and Portstewart where they hold the NW200 road races. Great on a week day,but crammed on a Sunday. Guess when I go? ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Northern Ireland coastal scenery! Just outside Glenarm on the Antrim coast road,practically on my doorstep 2Wheels,it runs all the way from Larne up to Portrush and Portstewart where they hold the NW200 road races. Great on a week day,but crammed on a Sunday. Guess when I go? ;)
There is 2 places that I find absolutely beautiful on a bike and would love to do some touring there. Norther UK and Switzerland. But the UK has got too much rain, and Switzerland got some ridiculously strict traffic laws. I suppose Austria would be 3rd on my list, less rain than UK and more relaxed laws than Switzerland, but still beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Northern Ireland is awesome! Dundrod circuit was a blast aswell!

Btw my new bike got delivered today. I'll be putting my Z aside for a while to have some fun with rhis one

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
There is 2 places that I find absolutely beautiful on a bike and would love to do some touring there. Norther UK and Switzerland. But the UK has got too much rain, and Switzerland got some ridiculously strict traffic laws. I suppose Austria would be 3rd on my list, less rain than UK and more relaxed laws than Switzerland, but still beautiful scenery.
Scotland has awesome roads and quite often little traffic,if you get lucky with the weather and that can be a big IF!

The vid below is 30 mins worth,but it outlines what will happen if the Swiss police catch you over the speed limit. It's pretty sobering....

·
Registered
325 Posts
one way to teach folks to be respectful of speeds on public roads 😂. i second that for wanting to ride austria.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Austria has sound limits aswell on certain roads. Louder than 91 or 92 db than factory specs is not allowed. germany is doing the same. Over here in the netherlands certain roads are closed for motorcycles, during bike season. Europeans are out of their minds with this ridicioulous legislation

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remember one time getting pulled over for doing like 130 mph in a 45 and I walked away with a ticket for 70. I also walked away without even a warning after doing 80 in a 45 in my car, although I got off the cop did come up to my window screaming at me lol. Gotta love Chicago, why’d you stop at 130 you might ask? Well I always stop, and I had my gas light flashing already lmao. Cops around here won’t hassle you on a bike unless you beg them to

·
Registered
40 Posts
Already put over 300 miles on the bike this season. This was from last week, hit a milestone of 20k miles...not bad for only 3.5 seasons in a northern state.
IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2010 has like 17,700 miles. I bought it with only 3,000 if I didn’t have 2 other bikes I ride and at least one other project whenever I’d probably put 10k a year on it no problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
After a week off due to a family tragedy,it was good to just ride again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
After being written off she's back on the road.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
awww yeah! looking great! now just get rid of that flower power rear brake disc! The Brembo unit is only £60, and weighs 1.2 pounds less that the stock one.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Not yet - My brother (the creator) was over on the weekend - first time in months due to lockdown. The software is finished (he has the interface running on a tablet). Due to the size of the light (the board obviously fits in the city light housing). Due to the amount of stuff crammed onto the board (his mate that does work for him populated the board) finds it difficult as theyre hand made so he has 3 test boards of which only one is working so, theres an issue either with the board layout (the bare board) or, how its all soldered together. He`s in the process of talking to a board manufacturer about building the boards on an assembly line. As ive said to a lad on you tube who`s always on me for one....when he saw the initial video of the manual one with the dial to speed it up and slow it down he made a flippant remark and said "yeah, i can do that, do it better and do it wirelessly.." he never realized how much work had to go into it, and that he`d have to learn a whole new programming language also.....but, once he`d started it was one of those things that he`d got to the point he`d spent so much time he had to carry on or all the time he`d spent on it would be wasted....

41 - 60 of 62 Posts