Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
From this past weekend at the race track. I'm still getting used to the new wheels, there is definitely a noticeable change. So far, the best I can describe it (at least under track conditions as I have not yet ridden it on the street), is that the bikes feels very much more "lively" and twitchy (not necessarily a negative). It now moves a lot more underneath you, which I'm kinda used to from my supermoto bike. It does turns in quicker for sure, but what I noticed the most is that now on corner exit when you give her the beans the front get light very easily, and you must have a light grip on the bars to avoid unsettling it. Perhaps some geometry changes are needed to put more weight over the front now. Regardless, I beat my best lap time since I last went by 1 full sec, though there is definitely more in there as I wasn't really pushing it as hard as last time since I was still getting to grips with the handling changes.

I'll probably take it up to the local mountain roads this weekend and see how it handles now on the streets. For sure it wheelies easier, though I'm no wheelie master..

·
Registered
364 Posts
A target for ya man? :cool:
I don't think my bike has anything that Sofa's bike doesn't have, other than maybe tire warmers on, but I've seen his videos and the RSV4 lurking in the backgrounds, so that's probably more suited for track duty if he every goes.

I would be quite curious to see how his Marchenisi wheels compare in weight to the OZ's. Same goes for his new brake discs, would love to see some weights on those as the Brembo's I'm currently running turned out to be quite heavy.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'll take a Disc of tonight and weigh it for you. The wheels: never weighed them. Obviously the tyres are back on but they're supercorsas so they won't last very long! So I'll weigh them then. The RSV: No its never seen a track (not in my ownership) - although the previous owner took it on track once or twice but that was 10 years ago. Having said that it doesnt get used that much, but when it does it gets used. Every year for the last 9 it goes to the TT and gets a full on week of "usage"!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Having a blast on the new Z. hit indicated 162 mph
cage traffic dismissed

It's amazing how much tidier the ZH2 looks with a decent exhaust fitted. Great bike man,I'll maybe have one someday!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What is the Ermax color description on your Ermax seat cover ?
Ha! Therein lies a tale.
I actually bought the wrong one,the black part was shiny instead of matt,but the other colours matched pretty good. I was going to change it,but I was told the actual proper item was a worse colour match,so I masked it off and hit the black with a satin lacquer.

Not much help to ya man,but I can't recall exactly which colour it was and I don't want to give you duff info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man I’m not into new fly by wire throttles and tc systems but if there’s one bike with them I’d buy it’s that zh2, looks clean with the exhaust 2wheels, maybe you could have taken that tuned gtr that ate my lunch earlier (had him on the on ramp then he walked away lol)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got a good ride in on the beast today, roads are cleaning up. Also, me and my father have a 79 xs750 we bought that’s been parked since 1980, took it for it’s first little ride in 40 years (on the stock tires!)

·
Registered
510 Posts
..of course my high speed run was a long stretch of flat empty freeway.
maybe you could have taken that tuned gtr that ate my lunch earlier (had him on the on ramp then he walked away lol)
yEAH PROBABLY! My '14 Z was faster from 0-80 and this bike is the opposite. Once youre already doing freeway speeds this thing pulls like crazy. Cars are getting good these days but still it takes 100k to keep up with us lol.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's one from yesterday. Went out with my neighbor (Daytona 675r) to Angeles Crest Highway, the most famous mountain road in SoCal, or at least since The Snake at Mulholland's been closed. This is the Shell station at the bottom where everyone gathers and fuels up before going up to Newcomb's Ranch restaurant which is 35 miles of non-stop twisty roads up the mountain.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts