Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know where to post this....

so it comes to show its not what bike you have but its the rider!

So for those of you who are not familliar of WA you can google map mercer island seattle because this is where it takes place....

So the other bikes that were there are 09 zx10r, 03 r6, 08 636, 05ish sv1000, newer cbr 600rr or something and a 02 954

according to stats all these bike prolly should have even raped me on the back roads with my stock suspension.... dont worry going to swap the 636 stuff soon....

so pretty much all these bikes are modded and you can see in my sig what mods i have....

now we didnt try to pass eachother to much cause that road is crazy but for me hugging the zx10r's *** the entire time and wanted to pass but it would have been a dick move....

zx10 started and ended first

to sum up the story its not the ride but the rider!

the 954 went down... my buddy sean had a hug bruise on his *** hahaha
636 got a fat ticket which was alright with us cause he was a douchebag we would enter the turn at the same speed and after i would look back he was way behind....

so for all those that complain about their bike not being fast enough.... master your bike first before you make it that much faster to kill yourself!:headshake:

·
Registered
519 Posts
True, most of it is the rider and not the bike. But having a bike with good torque sure doesn't hurt.

For example when I first got my buell I raced a guy with a 636 on a straight road. He walked away after about 60 to 70 mph once he had his rpms up. Later I picked up a book titled "Sports Riding Techniques". Studied the book and then raced up a nice canyon against the 636. Way different story, he got smoked. The skills that I picked up and having a huge amount of torque helped. So yes both the skills possessed and bike type helped helped here.

So having a Z with awesome torque and a good amount of hp is a win win. You cant go wrong!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man what book is this.... ive printed out a huge booklet of the sportrider.com tips and i grew a lot from practicing those tips....

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I will tell you, if you swallow your pride and listen to other people who really are fast and apply thier tecknique to your riding skill you can get alot faster,plus it helps to have a good memory.and you need to learn how to break bad habits you know what thay are. Just my :+1::+1:Bike 10% man 90%

·
Registered
84 Posts
The fact is at least half of the people that own dedicated sport bikes that I've seen have no clue how to actually ride one with any skill whatsoever... bunch of posers...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fact is at least half of the people that own dedicated sport bikes that I've seen have no clue how to actually ride one with any skill whatsoever... bunch of posers...

oh i hear ya..... the guy that was on the 636 had a new bike new helmet and all new astar leathers.... pucks were fresh... everything.... then when we met at the end he was telling me i need to lean more thru the turn.... i was throwing my body off so the bike could be more up right because in these turns you have to watch out for a lot of branches from the trees over head and the man holes.... but his fresh pucks telling me to lean more and i left him behind.... hmmmm poser?

·
Registered
84 Posts
oh i hear ya..... the guy that was on the 636 had a new bike new helmet and all new astar leathers.... pucks were fresh... everything.... then when we met at the end he was telling me i need to lean more thru the turn.... i was throwing my body off so the bike could be more up right because in these turns you have to watch out for a lot of branches from the trees over head and the man holes.... but his fresh pucks telling me to lean more and i left him behind.... hmmmm poser?
Ouch! lol

·
Registered
752 Posts
I learned that it was all about the rider late last year, while out riding my favorite roads here in Northern California. Me and my friends all ride through Lake Berryessa - roads I know so well I could ride them blindfolded. On the way between Pope Valley and Angwin I found myself literally chasing after a guy on a 1950's BMW that had a leaf spring front end!!! I couldnt believe how fast he was going - sure, I could have passed him if I wanted to, but I was actually having fun at about 85% of fast pace, just watching this guy haul ***. He ended up blowing a corner and going down in the soft stuff on the other side of the road, and I went back and helped him out - which was a good thing, since he ended up being the owner of a local motorcycle store (and I scored some points...)

But yeah - that taught me that its ALL about the rider.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love these stories.... my buddy who goes to the track said the most amazing thing he has seen is a 250 ninja smoke the 600cc bikes... well not the bikes but the riders hahaha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah some people get too cocky and cant back it up when they need to. Oh well sucks to be them right LOL... Anyways hey guys Im new to to this forum and yes obviously Z1000 is what I ride. I have some technical issues and I cant figure out how to start my own thread......yeah yeah I know stupid me please help LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah some people get too cocky and cant back it up when they need to. Oh well sucks to be them right LOL... Anyways hey guys Im new to to this forum and yes obviously Z1000 is what I ride. I have some technical issues and I cant figure out how to start my own thread......yeah yeah I know stupid me please help LOL
Welcome... Im new to this thread but more active om custom fighters... Clicl on the problem section and above or below the bracket it will be a new thread and click on that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts