Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good day chaps so im scrolling through ebay and a seller posts the headers from a2nd gen Z saying it will fit a 03-14......is this some ebay BS or legit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are the forks the same between the 1st and 2nd gen? if so, how much too long are the 09 zx10 forks???
I ask this for a very good reason. I need longer forks for my 2nd gen adventure z build. I want forks that will give me another 2 inches of so front ride height. Would 08 zx10 forks do that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I purchased a wrecked '03 z1000. My front wheel was bent and I couldn't find a decent priced wheel on this swap list. BUT! I did find out that a front wheel off of a '02 zzr 600 works with nothing but a pair of thin washers to place on either side of the wheel. The wheel needs an additional 1.5mm total to fit perfectly. Rotors bolt right on and fit correctly with the calipers. And from what I've been told, the zzr 600 has almost ZERO changes in the model. So if the wheel looks the same it is the same.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
hey mate, what year bike did you do this to? I have an 06 that I am looking to tidy up

Buddy, I'm not too sure you'll get a response from this thread. The last post was 2015, and a lot of these folks haven't been around much in the last 3 years at least.

The general parts interchange list is for the 2003-2006 model year Z1000s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks man, That's a bit of a shame they aren't around much any more. I guess they have probably traded up for newer bikes?
I Think I have a way to tidy up the pipes on my bike if I can get my hands on a newer set of headers for the right price.
Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thanks man, That's a bit of a shame they aren't around much any more. I guess they have probably traded up for newer bikes?
I Think I have a way to tidy up the pipes on my bike if I can get my hands on a newer set of headers for the right price.
Thanks anyway!

Yeah, lots of times people learn what they feel they need, and move on.

Good to hear on the headers. I hope you find them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys i see this is an old thread but iv only got 2 questions when doin a front end conversion on the gen 1.

1 i have 06 636 forks with axel and spacers i did buy armstrong wavy discs thinking they would fit my stock z rim but sadly dont im now guessing i will need the 05/06 front rim. so there would be no need for 02 zzr wheel spacers?

also would the 07 front rim be the same as 06 same rotor line up?

2 i have 04 calipers will they work with the 05/06 forks?

had my zed a good few years this mod has been badly needed but need a helping hand to get through it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just heard that a zx1400 rear wheel will bolt onto a z1000 ,rear caliper will fit if you modify the hanger,and if you do the zx636 front end mod,the zx14 front wheel will fit too.2003 zx636 shock is a direct bolt on as is the 636 and zx10 linkage........
Hey Again i know this is an old post but here i am doin this wheel conversion i have problems with both front and rear im running 05-06 forks zx14-06 front wheel with armstrong discs i was running the 03-04 calipers i know a mistake i made ordering seperate parts...
i rectified it with 06 zx10r calipers they should work but i wasnt geting enough contact with pad and disc see pics.

Now where to start with the rear you will need the whole rear wheel and sprocket carrier along with cushdrive and disc if doin this conversion im awaiting those two parts to arrive,
so been held back with that but the rear caliper mount must need spacers cause if not the whole rear wheel is well out to the right iv also got the zx14 rear spacers coming with axel and see can i use any of those to get the rite alighnment? otherwise i was thinking maybe trying the zx14 caliper and mount?

ANY Bit of help with this wheel conversion would be greatly be apreaciated

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK here goes i got the rear wheel measurements woop woop

5mm needs too come off your sprocket carrier, 5mm needs too come off spacer on the sprocket side.

Use your z1000 spacer for the disc side. (also note the zzr wheel spacers are same as z1000 gen1 and there even lighter)

Zzr rear caliper hanger, if I remember correct it's 29mm and needs milled to 15mm.

I hope this is help to someone in the future whos doin the same as myself it seems to me no one has any interest in forums anymore its all done on fb groups but..... im a forum guy lol

This info i got from a guy on a fb group who did this conversion recently. (untill i do this im not 100% sure but will update next week when i get it done)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts