Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I am pretty sure you have to change the stator because the flywheel is different. And you will have to lengthen the wires I think about 5 or 6 inches. As well as the cover
the zx9 stator has 5 wires, the z has 3. someone said to use the 3 yellow wires. wondering if thats correct?

·
Registered
92 Posts
what about parts for 10+????

REALLY wanting to do a rear shock set-up but dont want to just shot gun a shock/linkage in which I will come to find wont work..

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rotors from a Z750 '04 fit on the Z1000 '03 wheel. It seems like the Z750 uses the same calipers as the ZR7S, so I guess everything is good. Will test them in a few weeks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The section that states the tail section from a 03-04 zx6r fits needs to be revised. The undertail doesn't fit without considerable modification.The main portion will fit (the tail) but if you try and use the undertail portion you will find the following issues:

1. There is no hole or mounting holes for the rear lock cylinder. You can make this work by drilling a hole and using a standard nut and bolt, not quite as clean as factory but depending what hardware you chose most people will never notice.

2. Look at the lower portion of the under tail from the zx6r, there is a large hump for the rear tire. This will keep you from having it sit flush and lining up with the tail section. You can make this piece work and basically look just like the original by taking a dremel and cut off wheel and trimming around the tire bulge. Once this part is removed the undertail will line up as it should.

Anyways, just something to clarify the blanket statement that the tail section from the zx6r fits, it's more of a "it fits, but...."

·
Registered
6 Posts
A question sir,
- You have to press z1000 stem into ZX10 2006-07 lower triple.
** ZX10 2004-2007 forks are okay.
Is this the mod required to run these forks?

·
Registered
138 Posts
maybe someone answered this already and i missed it, but this list is part that will fit on the 07-09 z1000? im not to sure of any of them my self!
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just heard that a zx1400 rear wheel will bolt onto a z1000 ,rear caliper will fit if you modify the hanger,and if you do the zx636 front end mod,the zx14 front wheel will fit too.2003 zx636 shock is a direct bolt on as is the 636 and zx10 linkage........
Is this the same for the gen 2 (07-08)? Do you have to change the front end? what modifications need to be done to the rear end to make it fit? Is the zx10 wheel swap easier?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
3rd generation interchange list?!

I'm not mechanic savy enough to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I am currently trying to change out my 35 year old wife of ten years for a much younger model not yet known to me, anywhere from the 18 -25 year models should be an adequate fitment.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I am currently trying to change out my 35 year old wife of ten years for a much younger model not yet known to me, anywhere from the 18 -25 year models should be an adequate fitment.
let me know how that works out for u. i am interested in trading in for a newer model myself. :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well Paul, it is possible. This year I traded in my 35 model and just picked up a 22 model. Was a great investment!.....:lol:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The 2002 zx9r header requires modification. The collector needs to be cut and rewelded at an angle to clear dogbone linkage. Flipped bolt thru linkage also. Id suggest buying a 2001 zx9r header. Has been said that it already has the required angle to clear dogbones.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
+1 for that joshua. good info there.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
does anybody know what year zx10 rear shock will work on the first gen z1000s? is there any modifications needed?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts