Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2010 z1000 a little over a year ago now, put 10k miles on it in the first year. Absolutely love the thing. Put the 190/55 profile tire on the rear (about to switch to power 5s) and a sargent seat. Otherwise it had dual akras and no tune and that's pretty much how she sits. Does it handle like a supersport? Almost but not quite, itll keep up just fine though. Ive actually never been beaten on a back road or off a light yet. Havent been to a track with it but i have an older 636 to ride. Maybe a jack up would help it out a little? Also thinking about a Barnett clutch and springs at this point. Only thing I dont like is it seems like they made it purposefully hard to change those plugs 馃槙

Attachments

Registered
Nice! Welcome! Turn-in with those 55's are prolly easier but I've never tried them on the Zed. Will go with a 200\50 next time around for me.

....wow! that's one steep hill! buahhaha!

What did you mean when you said 'maybe a jack up would help it out a little'? Like, Ivan's upgrade? ppl rave about the increase.

Nice ride Cap'n :D

Registered
For changing spark plugs, i like to hollow out a section of extension cord (for example) about 8 or 10 inches say. then jam the top of the plug into one end. little trick has served me well for a long time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts