Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Z owners. Just a little background. I am 53 and started riding when I was 14 years old on a friends Honda SL100. I bought my first bike at 16, A Suzuki TS400 enduro. Over the years I have owned and raced several 400cc 2 stroke enduro's and motocross bikes. In 1983 I converted to street riding and drag racing Kaw H1 500 2 strokers. I still own 2 of the H1's. About 5 years ago I decided the H1's were getting pretty old for daily riding and picked up a 1001 Yamaha R-1. I found the R1 blazing fast but very uncomfortable to ride for any distance. Although I did like the 3rd gear power wheelies.
Last week I traded in my R1 for a 2008 Z1000. Ive been riding the Z all week and love it. It doesn't have the screaming power band of my H1 or the raw brute power and top end of the R1 but it does have plenty of smooth manageable power and corners like a dream. I think I traded up!:)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Hello fellow Z owners. Just a little background. I am 53 and started riding when I was 14 years old on a friends Honda SL100. I bought my first bike at 16, A Suzuki TS400 enduro. Over the years I have owned and raced several 400cc 2 stroke enduro's and motocross bikes. In 1983 I converted to street riding and drag racing Kaw H1 500 2 strokers. I still own 2 of the H1's. About 5 years ago I decided the H1's were getting pretty old for daily riding and picked up a 1001 Yamaha R-1. I found the R1 blazing fast but very uncomfortable to ride for any distance. Although I did like the 3rd gear power wheelies.
Last week I traded in my R1 for a 2008 Z1000. Ive been riding the Z all week and love it. It doesn't have the screaming power band of my H1 or the raw brute power and top end of the R1 but it does have plenty of smooth manageable power and corners like a dream. I think I traded up!:)
welcome to the forum... :welcome:u did trade up. u got a bike thats more practical for every day street riding. dont get me wrong i love the street racers, r1, zx10 but unless u make the street ur own personal racetrack, the z is definately the best choice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:welcome:yeah I'm lovin my Z-1000, best all around street bike there is, should've got one years ago:eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I miss the big power of my turbobusa:(, but the 2011 Green Z is very good for 2up riding and lots of power. Smooth in every gear.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts