Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some pics of my old Kaw 2-stroke triples.

My original 1975 H1f 500cc Mach III went through much of my life with me. I first got it in 1979 (completely stock) and rode it from the Dayton OH area to Virginia beach the next day. I had no idea what I was getting into. It was one of the first original streetfighters and embarrassed many bikes twice it's displacement. I raced in the early 80's in Southern CA at both Willow Springs and Riverside raceway. I put a ton of money into it modding it out, chassis ended up with an awesome CalFab swingarm, a 43mm front end off a KZ1000 police bike, engine had a race crankshaft and ported cyl's, heads were welded up and milled down for a single squish band configuration. It was awesome but I took it too far for a street bike, it became a maintenance *****, every hr I rode it required about three hrs of wrenching time. The front wheel wanted to kiss the sky when the power hit, leaning forward was a requirement.

I owned this bike for over 25 yrs, it was completely worn out out when I sold it to a vintage racer who stripped it down for the parts

here's a pic of me racing at Riverside (back in the day before hi-def)

I was looking for a new frame for racing when I came across this in 1982

a true Factory racer, a 1974 H2r 750cc, it would zoom right past the built Z1's and KZ 1000's. The acceleration was tremendous and it's the only bike I ever got tunnel vision on. I only got to ride it a handful of times before I wadded it up at Riverside. I really had no idea what I was doing but I was having fun. I sold it (still cursing myself for that) and now it's in some museum in Japan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
another Kaw 2-stroke

Here's an old dirt bike of mine, a 94 KDX 200. These were great do it all woods bike. It was limited though, push it too hard and the wheels wanted to swap position.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
The rich memories of your bikes = priceless!

Especially the racing & the maintenance-the two concepts were never far apart with Carbs, Points & anything & everything else.

Had an 1981 Kawasaki KDX 175 with the chrome bore - it was fast as hell but at a race I had to borrow some gas & the bike seized - ending up eating the whole problem & no bike.

The KDX also has a cult following.

I came on here looking for info for a friend who just purchased a 2000 Kawasaki W650 in mint condition from WA or OR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts