Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a very rare Honda 1977 CT125. One owner family from new to present. This was sold in America for only one year. The CT 90's and 70's were popular bikes but a lot of enthusiasts aren't even aware the 125 CT exists. It was sold for several years in Australia as a bush bike. A few things to notice here, fully enclosed chain, full length bark busters, engine guards, mud flaps and the luggage rack. All of these parts came stock on it. We have taken it to AMA vintage days at Mid-Ohio several times and it always draws a crowd from the Honda small bore people. I have never seen another one like it.

Speaking of Vintage Days, go if you get the chance. It is an awesome gathering with vintage racing (road racing, motocross, flat track and trails) and the worlds largest swap meet of everything you've ever heard of or remember. If you can't find the part for that project bike here then it doesn't exist. Anyone who loves motorcycling would have a good time here looking at everything and talking with other enthusiasts. Camping at the track is a lot of fun, seeing what everybody brought from home and are showing off is a great way to spend a weekend.

It's hard to tell from these pics but the right side of the bark buster is slightly bent. It got ran it into a tree at half speed after an afternoon of partying in the late 70's when it still looked brand new, dude's dad was sooo pissed off at us, still brings it up every now and then. We continue to look for a replacement with no success.

Check out that roll around "Harbor Freight" motorcycle rack, works pretty good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's one of the bikes I recall thrapping around fields as a feckless teenager. Those little engines were hard to break,but we did try!

·
Registered
384 Posts
luv the little honda with a factory luggage rack. great for passengers i’m sure 😂. clean looking bike. never knew they did a ct 125. is the bark buster the rod guard that protects your levers/hands in the pic?

i went to the vintage show about 10 years ago with my dad. he lives about an hour away from mid-ohio race track where they have had the vintage days. had the best day ever. watched a tone of racing and freaking vintage japanese bikes every 10 inches. just awesome! recommend renting a golf cart. you can cover much more ground that way. bought my trail 70 that day at the show. best to go the first thing when they open. the good stuff goes fast. i hope they have it this year as i’m hoping to go. if anyone else is considering going maybe we could meet up for lunch or something. keep it in mind maybe. it’s usually around the the 2nd weekend in july.

here is the trail 70. i’ve done a lot of work on this little bike. still more to do pending the needed funding. an engine rebuild is next. future project down the road.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dig the Trail 70 Zee, is that the 3 speed auto or the 4 speed w/clutch ?

If I go to Vintage Daze, I'll be sure to let you know. I usually come up with a small bore to cruze around on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
it’s the 3 speed auto. weird to have a left hand rear brake on top of the foot pedal brake. you would think they wouldn’t need both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts