Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends
In my z1000 03 have some problem end i need halp!
Oil in coolant, what could be the problem and how can I fix it?

This antifreeze tank was full of oil

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah unfortunately your head gasket is most likely, a good chance to take the head in and get the valves done while you have it off. I wouldn’t keep running it though, it can over heat and cause some problems

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ain’t the bike gotta weep hole? I genuinely don’t know, but I know a lot of machines have a little weep hole that’ll leak coolant when the water pump seal broke. I could be wrong though, maybe it’s time to break out the cardboard for a night?
funny story, I slipped and fell on coolant from from a brand spanking new v4 tuono in a dealer about 4 years ago lmao, 0 miles, leaking water pump, that’s how I made my decision on the Z...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ain’t the bike gotta weep hole? I genuinely don’t know, but I know a lot of machines have a little weep hole that’ll leak coolant when the water pump seal broke. I could be wrong though, maybe it’s time to break out the cardboard for a night?
funny story, I slipped and fell on coolant from from a brand spanking new v4 tuono in a dealer about 4 years ago lmao, 0 miles, leaking water pump, that’s how I made my decision on the Z...
I don't mean the exterior water pump gasket, but rather the impeller seal. The water pump is driven off the oil pump drive shaft, and if the seal gets worn the water pressure can easily make it's way into the crankcase, or vice versa... You can test for this pretty easily using a head gasket tester. You put the tester on the radiator filler neck, run the engine, and if exhaust gasses make their way into the water jackets and radiator, the head gasket tester will change color for the combustion fumes. If the tester doesn't change color then you know it's not the head gasket but rather the water pump seal. Also, changing head gasket is not really all that hard on a motorcycle, especially if you follow a good workshop manual like the Haynes one.

Here is an example of a head gasket tester

·
Registered
167 Posts
changing head gasket is not really all that hard on a motorcycle, especially if you follow a good workshop manual like the Haynes one.
A snapshot of me using a Haynes manual.....

'Haynes says,loosen bolts A and B then remove cover C'.

I say,'but HTF do you get at bolts A and B in the f***ing first place?' :LOL:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think that it is head gasket becouse:
The left front side oil goes out slightly
I dont know:unsure:
a headgasket leak is an internal leak inside the engine, and not visible from outside. What you are probably seeing is coming from the coolant overflow bottle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could be headgasket, could be the oil seal behind the water pump .... I'd change that seal behind the pump first to test the theroy, if all is good after that awesome, if it keeps mixing then you know you have to go further into the engine and at least you already changed the oil seal behind the pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be headgasket, could be the oil seal behind the water pump .... I'd change that seal behind the pump first to test the theroy, if all is good after that awesome, if it keeps mixing then you know you have to go further into the engine and at least you already changed the oil seal behind the pump.
[/QUOT

In my situation antifreeze not mixing oil, i think its good

And do you mean - water &oil pump seal change?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You mean this?⬇

·
Registered
364 Posts
First test that it's not the headgasket using the aforementioned tester, that take 5 minutes and you'll have an answer.

Once you rule out that it is indeed not the head gasket then you can rip into the oil seal. I never said that it;s 100% the oil seal, but if it's not the head gasket then that is the next obvious fault to look at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First test that it's not the headgasket using the aforementioned tester, that take 5 minutes and you'll have an answer.

Once you rule out that it is indeed not the head gasket then you can rip into the oil seal. I never said that it;s 100% the oil seal, but if it's not the head gasket then that is the next obvious fault to look at.
Thankyou

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea very true, it doesn't take long to test it. The way I said it is throwing a little money and time at a problem before diagnosis, sorry for that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts