Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
as per ivan..

Everyone is going to love the flash for the 4th generation bike.

It runs so damn good, and so smooth with no PC with both the stock exhaust and the full Akra.

I like this engine so much that I am buying a Z as well.

I'm making the PC map for the Akrapovic exhaust tomorrow. ..the changes needed are not major.

I ordered a camshaft for the gen3 bike to test later this winter .

I've done all the tests.... This thing is just about ready.

I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Ivan

· Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
As much as I like what Ivan can do with ECU reflashing and the fact I already spent $1500+ on the FCE and tuning and mods I will gladly let fellow Gen4 riders be inline in front of me. The way mine runs it would have to be a very special reflash as who's to say mine isn't already been flashed :eek:
Cant tell all my secrets now can I :lol:

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
how do you like an ecu flash without the need of a fuel controller?
how do you like a bike that has a fatter mid-range than top end?
how do you like a bike that has smoother throttle and less vibes?
how do you like a tuner that bought both naked and touring bike because he loves it so much?
all of the above compared to previous gen...

· Registered
1,224 Posts
how do you like an ecu flash without the need of a fuel controller?
how do you like a bike that has a fatter mid-range than top end?
how do you like a bike that has smoother throttle and less vibes?
how do you like a tuner that bought both naked and touring bike because he loves it so much?
all of the above compared to previous gen...
What are you trying to say Kobi?

· Registered
6 Posts
good news gen 4 owners.. patience has rewarded us.. Ivan has successfully flashed the ECU with most of the gen3 tuning program with fantastic results. ...the new ecu is much better than the gen3 unit as he stated.. Don't bother with the woolich software as it doesn't offer any of the needed areas that must be adjusted to get the proper results. The really good news is that the flash will be 90% due to kawasaki getting their **** together!! and It will be fuel tuner optional. 2015 Kawasaki Z1000 / Z1000SX (Not available yet - please don't call and ask when - I'm very thorough and won't release it until it's ready - working on it every day now - Shouldn't be much longer) I am pleased to announce that I have successfully re-programmed the stock Z1000 & Ninja 1000 ECU to my own exacting specifications as listed below. No need for FCE or any fuel controller - Fuel controller is optional. My Z1000/Ninja1000 ECU programming (Re-Flash) includes: - NOT FINISHED YET - Here's some of it. 1) Low gear power limiters removed 2) Disable speed limiter (Ninja/SX) 3) Disable fuel cut for flawless throttle control 4) Re-program sub-throttles for max power and driveability at any rpm and throttle position 5) Cooling fans come on at 200 degrees 6) Reduced engine braking on decel 7) Disable Exhaust Servo error code- No need for exhaust servo eliminator (EXUP eliminator) anymore (Z1000 only) 8) Complete re-curve of ignition timing at all throttle positions - optimized for 89 octane fuel (premium fuel not necessary) 9) Raise rev-limit to 11,500 rpm 10) Anything that compromises performance and/or driveability is eliminated. 11) My tuning program : Throttle "quality" is flawless in the corners.... it makes rediculous power and good mileage as well with no flat areas , no matter what you do with the throttle... even at low revs. 12) Free upgrades when/if we make improvements. (shipping not included) 13) Return your ecu back to stock at no charge for any reason. (shipping not included) 14) Answers to all your questions..... All testing was done in house on Ivan's personal Ninja 1000 / Z1000SX testbike ECU reprogramming may not comply with federal safety/emission laws ECU reprogramming may not comply with your warranty ____
Does the bike lose all popping sounds that the stock z1000 produces? I have a full CS Racing on my Z1000R that I want to get flashed but I don't want to lose the classic Z1000 noises...

41 - 60 of 62 Posts